Granger Lake Archery Hunting 2018-2019 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    Did they really or you just trying to throw standbys off? Someone pulled this stunt on TBH for the Hagerman deadline a few years ago and the refuge threatened retaliation.

Ignore these comments!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I almost stepped on a 4 1/2 foot rattle bug on the north side of Willis last week. They are out there, especially with the tall grass. This was the first one I've seen, but if there is one....There was some snake hunter or venom hunter tv show that did an episode at Granger Lake a few years back. I don't know how staged it was, but they caught several out there. They went out on a peninsula they call "rattlesnake island" on the lake...Never heard of that until the show. May have been all for dramatics...

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
        You know alot of people jump to the hunting boots but what i have used all my years is military boots. Cheap, last you a hell of a long time, and if you get them broke in they aren't bad at all. i always wear the everlast snake guards. itll be the best $40 ever spent if i dont get bit.
        They must have different boots these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          They must have different boots these days.
          Well if ya think about it there is no other boot put through so much hell and back then the military style boot to last you a long time. i prefer the more flexibility in a boot as well. not saying the hunting boots are good enough but for the money and the life span they are worth the money.

Comment

Saw somebody got caught poaching out there this evening, was a big deer too

Comment

Say it ain’t so...

Comment

Hopefully the charge and fines were very excessive! Useless morons!

Comment

Thats ridiculous, thats one thing i cant stand is the road hunters/poachers. surely thats a loss of license and fines right?

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
                    Thats ridiculous, thats one thing i cant stand is the road hunters/poachers. surely thats a loss of license and fines right?

I'd say so, if he was hunting from the road that's strike one. Without a permit for that PHL area is strike two, with a rifle is strike three. Texas is part of an interstate co-op which means he loses hunting rights in those states also if I understand that correctly. And he doesn't get to keep the deer. Dip shït

Comment

Originally posted by NxSTexan View Post
                      I'd say so, if he was hunting from the road that's strike one. Without a permit for that PHL area is strike two, with a rifle is strike three. Texas is part of an interstate co-op which means he loses hunting rights in those states also if I understand that correctly. And he doesn't get to keep the deer. Dip shït

I heard they can take ur gun, truck, and animal. And u to jail. But dont know it that changed.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fthoodtanker View Post
                        I heard they can take ur gun, truck, and animal. And u to jail. But dont know it that changed.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I think they still can but I doubt they do that for one deer. That's likely reserved for the most foul, egregious repeat offender maybe? Either way I wouldn't be upset for him if they throw the book at him. He should be flogged by all the hunters awarded a permit for Granger.

Comment

Here's about the same scenario. Hope the link works without DMN trying to get people to subscribe.

Comment

3 weeks into the season and a little cool weather and people can't help to keep their hand outta the cookie jar, SMH

Comment

Can't be true no big deer out there!!

Hope they throw the book at an for shooting that basket 8

Comment

3 weeks into the season and a little cool weather and people can't help to keep their hand outta the cookie jar, SMH
                                Spoiled TN hasn't given us his daily scouting report from out there....maybe he couldn't handle seeing that 8 anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X