No announcement yet.

My sweet new sous side rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use mine all the time! Like others said, still prefer Ribeyes grilled, but filets sous vide then grilled over mesquite charcoal for the hot sear...perfect. I do chicken breasts and pork chops vacuum sealed with herbs, butter, marinades, etc and then grill quickly after also. It's the most tender meat I've ever had!

Comment

I've got three chicken breasts in with a packet of hot taco seasoning right now. Come dinner time just shred it up and it's Taco Tuesday!

Comment

For lean meat like venison, SV is awesome. I season it like I normally would (salt, pepper, garlic powder) and then add either some coffee or mesquite smoke shake and marinate it in the fridge overnight. Then I like to put it in the SV cooker in the morning and let it cook at 138 all day until supper time. Take it out and put it on a HOT cast iron skillet or HOT grill outside for a 60-90 seconds each side to brown it and get some grill marks on it. Put a little butter on top of it and let it rest 5 minutes while the butter melts, and then dig in. It'll just about melt in your mouth, and it won't be dried out. Pretty doggone good eatin'.

Comment

Sounds good

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
            Just ordered one on Amazon for Prime Day $75 (nearly half off). Bluetooth controlled...Anova is the brand.

i'm excited about it.
            I just got the Anova about 6 weeks ago.... you wont be disappointed.

Side note - the main reason I wanted one was for camp cooking, especially before the time change. Making a fire and grilling at 9pm sucks when you have a camp full of customers.

Comment

My fiancé just got me a gourmia Sous vide pod for our anniversary. I get the benefit of it cooking to the right temperature, but it seems to take 4 times as long to cook. When I get home at 7 I don’t want to wait until after 8 to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                My fiancé just got me a gourmia Sous vide pod for our anniversary. I get the benefit of it cooking to the right temperature, but it seems to take 4 times as long to cook. When I get home at 7 I don’t want to wait until after 8 to eat.
                Put the meat in the SV cooker in the morning and let it cook until supper time. Takes 5 minutes to pull it out and put the final sear on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  Put the meat in the SV cooker in the morning and let it cook until supper time. Takes 5 minutes to pull it out and put the final sear on it.
                  That is why I love it.

Comment

Can you really let it go all day and not worry about overcooking it?

Comment

Deer steaks

For lean meat like venison, SV is awesome. I season it like I normally would (salt, pepper, garlic powder) and then add either some coffee or mesquite smoke shake and marinate it in the fridge overnight. Then I like to put it in the SV cooker in the morning and let it cook at 138 all day until supper time. Take it out and put it on a HOT cast iron skillet or HOT grill outside for a 60-90 seconds each side to brown it and get some grill marks on it. Put a little butter on top of it and let it rest 5 minutes while the butter melts, and then dig in. It'll just about melt in your mouth, and it won't be dried out. Pretty doggone good eatin'.
                      Going to have this tonight! Wife if getting everything ready right now!

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                        Mine looks just like those [...] Hot grill with some smoke , I like.
                        Post pics please.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                          You can't overcook it... the temperature source is not higher than the desired meat temp. Not sure what would happen if you left in there for days, but it's never going to get a degree warmer than the sous vide setting.

The plastic bags are my hang up. Reverse sear for me.

Comment

Yep. It won't go beyond the temp you have set. 138 gets you a perfect medium rare. Leaving it in longer just breaks down the muscle fibers more, making it more tender. If you go way too long, it could get mushy, I'm sure. But it won't end up well done. It'll still just be 138 degrees, medium rare. And since it's seasoned and in a plastic bag, none of the meat's juices escape. It doesn't get drier by cooking longer.

The only thing you don't want to do is leave it in for several hours at a temp that's too low to kill bacteria. I wouldn't do pork or chicken at 138. I'd go hotter for them. Check food safety info online for that kind of stuff.

Comment

I have done chuck roast for 24hrs and it came out great and not mushy. Depends on the cut of meat but take thick cut sirloins usually 3-4 hrs but have done 6-8 and no issue.

Comment

Test run. Planning for steaks tonight!

Comment

Working...
                                X