How many 22-250 hunters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many 22-250 hunters?

My first “real” deer rifle was a Rem 700 BDL chambered in 22-250. It has taken numerous deer in its history, many by my hand growing up. I’ve since moved on to different calibers, settling on the 308 as my go to for most of my East Tx hunting… but my question to you guys.. Who out there still uses the 22-250? I know it’s almost as big as the great debate.. 223 for deer hunting, but this having far greater velocities it has been very successful in my hunting experience.

What’s y’all’s take? Every time opening day rolls around I would like to consider bringing it back out, but having better calibers they tend to win the draw.

How many of you fellas, grab the 22-250 with out hesitation when the gun season opens??

220 Swift...long live the king.

Comment

My kids hunt with a 22-250, high shoulder and neck shots will wallup them like a sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

9 of 10 calls I’d get for tracking 22-250. Like everything shot placement

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          220 Swift...long live the king.
          Pics or it doesn’t exist

Comment

Shot my first handful of deer with it and taken a few new hunters and used it. My dad still uses it from time to time as well, crazy the amount of damage that little hollow point can do

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              9 of 10 calls I’d get for tracking 22-250. Like everything shot placement
              Children or adult shooters?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Predators only , Nowadays shot a few deer kid with one.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

Not the shooters....that's a great round for prairie dogs.

Comment

In the past month or so I’ve seen

9/10 tracking jobs 7 mag
                    9/10 tracking jobs 6.5
                    9/10 tracking jobs 22-250

Had a tough time finding one from a 22-250 last year even though it didn’t go that far, no blood. Fun round.

Comment

Shoot in the neck and your good with any Caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

Always adults

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                          My first “real” deer rifle was a Rem 700 BDL chambered in 22-250. It has taken numerous deer in its history, many by my hand growing up. I’ve since moved on to different calibers, settling on the 308 as my go to for most of my East Tx hunting… but my question to you guys.. Who out there still uses the 22-250? I know it’s almost as big as the great debate.. 223 for deer hunting, but this having far greater velocities it has been very successful in my hunting experience.

What’s y’all’s take? Every time opening day rolls around I would like to consider bringing it back out, but having better calibers they tend to win the draw.

How many of you fellas, grab the 22-250 with out hesitation when the gun season opens??
                          Buddy (Chuckfu on here) got me into the 22-250 round and few years ago and love it now. Bought a custom left handed R700 off here a few years back. We hunt down in South Texas. Mainly bow hunt, but we shoot a lot of our does with the bang stick. As most have said, it’s all about shot placement. We try to place right in the neck looking at you, and most drop instantly. We killed two does last year over 400 yrds (had witnesses on both shots) with my gun and have a confirmed javi kill at a little over 500 yards. It’s a cool round for sure and a lot of fun to shoot.

Comment

We have a few of them. Started both kids on one. Daughter still shoots it. Boy favors a suppressed 308 now. I've probably killed 1,000 deer with one. It is an awesome deer caliber with the right bullet. In the shoulder, behind the shoulder, high shoulder, neck, it never really mattered. It is one of my all time favorite calibers.

Comment

Never hesitate

Comment

Working...
                              X