Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 150class View Post
    Holy crap you have that scope pushed alllllllll the way in front lol

Looks like assuming got me as it usually does.
    When your 6'10" that's where it needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      This is what it would be. Ya'll will have to decide if it's close enough.

Original

Copy

Alternative

Looks good.

Comment

Robert, how much extra would it be to have the action cerakote to match the barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
          When your 6'10" that's where it needs to be.

Ha! That makes sense now!

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
            Robert, how much extra would it be to have the action cerakote to match the barrel.

Wasnt an option when I ordered

Comment

Originally posted by RF76 View Post
              To match carbon fiber?

Comment

Looks like there's some confusion with the bolt body and the action body. The action body should be cerakoted to match the small portions of the CF barrels (on the tier 1) - but the bolt body is already dlc coated...see below in Robert's original post

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                What it is:

Tier -1 Light Weight Carbon/Carbon build
                Action – APR Hunter. DLC coated bolt and 20 MOA rail
                Barrel – Proof Research Sendero profile. Threaded 5/8-24 with blended thread protector. You choose chamber, Bbl length, twist.
                Stock – AG Composites Alpine Hunter. Stock will include bi-pod rail, 2 flush cups and inserts provided for Arca Rail adapter. You choose color/finish.
                Bottom Metal – Gen 2 APR BDL(Black Hard Anodized)
                Trigger – Trigger Tech Primary.
                Cerakote – You choose color for action body and CF barrel tips.
                Left-handed versions available
                Price = $2,499 plus tax
                Approx weight = 7lbs

Tier -2 Carbon/Steel build
                Action – APR Gen 2. Full DLC finish and 20 MOA rail
                Barrel – MullerWorks Cut-rifled Sendero profile. Threaded 5/8-24 with blended thread protector. You choose chamber, Bbl length, twist and fluting.
                Stock – AG Composites Alpine Hunter. Stock will include bi-pod rail, 2 flush cups and inserts provided for Arca Rail adapter. You choose color/finish.
                Bottom Metal – Gen 2 APR BDL(Black Hard Anodized)
                Trigger – Trigger Tech Primary.
                Cerakote – Action is DLC coated black. You choose barrel color.
                Left-handed versions available
                Price = $2,199 plus tax
                Approx Weight = 8 lbs

Available Upgrades:
                Trigger upgrades - TT Special +$55/TT Diamond +$140
                Bottom Metal - Hawkins DBM w/ 5 rnd Accurate mag +$150
                Muzzle Brakes - Area 419 Hellfire +$179/ Blended Radial +$125/ Blended and timed Gill +$150
                Stock Paint – Custom stencil patterns +$250

Comment

Might have missed this but I don't see any one saying they ordered 300 Win Mag. Any reason for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Smoothing Iron View Post
                    Might have missed this but I don't see any one saying they ordered 300 Win Mag. Any reason for this?
                    Still working out my details, but 300WM is my plan.

Comment

Originally posted by cb4128 View Post
                      Looks like there's some confusion with the bolt body and the action body. The action body should be cerakoted to match the small portions of the CF barrels (on the tier 1) - but the bolt body is already dlc coated...see below in Robert's original post

No confusion, in the tier 2 it isnt an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoothing Iron View Post
                        I'm trying to stay with the lightweight theme and a 300WM doesn't sound fun in a lightweight gun IMO.

Comment

Does anyone know if the Hellfire brake can be cerakoted to match the other metal on the rifle? I see the brake is available in raw stainless from Area 419

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
                            I'm trying to stay with the lightweight theme and a 300WM doesn't sound fun in a lightweight gun IMO.
                            Add the optional brake and it's no big deal at all. I have shot my buddies Christensen Ridgeline 300wm, and I have the same in 28 Nosler which weighs less than 7 lb and the recoil is not bad at all. To me those long range hammers are what a carbon fiber build is all about. I mean if it's light it's not a great bench gun it's meant to be packed up and down mountains or across rugged deserts where your going to want a long range hammer. If I was doing tier 1 it would be a 300wm, 7 rem mag, 28 Nosler, etc.
                            Last edited by ColinR; 01-31-2019, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Tier 1 7 mag on order black on black with AG sawtooth color stock

Comment

Originally posted by AggieDoc08 View Post
                                Does anyone know if the Hellfire brake can be cerakoted to match the other metal on the rifle? I see the brake is available in raw stainless from Area 419
                                Ok, probably a good time to discuss finishes and their applications. To answer this first question....yes, it can be Cerakoted. Is it a good idea? probably not so much. Cerakote is a good, durable finish of course. But it will not hold a candle to hard anodizing on surfaces that are subjected to continued blast...like a brake. The other thing to consider is the added thickness cerakote brings to the table. This is not very desirable for something like the 419 that relies on really tight tolerances to achieve it's alignment.

Somebody also asked about cerakoting the G2 action earlier. Of course it can be done. But I would certainly weigh the benefits of doing it before making the decision. That entire action is completely DLC (or PVD if you prefer) coated. It was chosen because it is the pinnacle of finishes at this time. It offers cerakote like protection, but with much higher lubricity and only adds about .0002 thickness allowing us to achieve much more precise tolerances on the final product. It is a superior finish, which it why it was chosen. In the end, we'll do whatever you want us to do. Just want to make sure everyone has all the facts in order to make the best decision for themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X