Garmin Xero A1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Xero A1

Anybody currently using the Garmin Xero A1 ??
    looking for someone who is currently using one to get some honest feedback

Thanks

Honestly ....cost too much

Comment

I recently got an A1i. I’ve only got about 100 shots thru it but so far I really like it. Having a clear sight picture is very nice. The process of ranging and having the pin pop up is about 3 seconds, but that’s the initial range—after that, the pin is there until you need to re-range another target.

The setup was surprisingly easy. I’m thinking this will be a game changer for western hunting where you are moving around a lot. If you hunt over a feeder or from a tree stand where you can easily know your ranges, it might be a bit much.

I still need to get a lot more time behind before I can leave a better review, but from the few reviews I’ve read, the A1i seems to be the ticket over the A1. Good luck.

Comment

I got the A1i this past summer. It took a little time to get used to but I love it. Easy set up, can set it to “pins” mode, and it’s a real game changer when stalk hunting. One bull elk and one pig have been taken; hopefully more to come soon.

Comment

Just got the A1 but have not put it on yet. Looking forward to trying it!

Comment

Originally posted by Calebthelee View Post
            I recently got an A1i. I’ve only got about 100 shots thru it but so far I really like it. Having a clear sight picture is very nice. The process of ranging and having the pin pop up is about 3 seconds, but that’s the initial range—after that, the pin is there until you need to re-range another target.

The setup was surprisingly easy. I’m thinking this will be a game changer for western hunting where you are moving around a lot. If you hunt over a feeder or from a tree stand where you can easily know your ranges, it might be a bit much.

I still need to get a lot more time behind before I can leave a better review, but from the few reviews I’ve read, the A1i seems to be the ticket over the A1. Good luck.
            Gamechanger for states that allow it. Some states don't allow electronic devices on archery equipment though.

Comment

Got the A1i for Christmas. Very impressed to this point. Set up was easier than expected. Did not have a shooter come in last weekend of season but have taken several pigs love not having to fumble with a range finder. went from a single pin which i had several animals spook and run out of set sight distance which meant letting off and adjusting the sight. NO more of that just a simple push of a button. the sight is quite longer than my single pin and have yet to find a case to fit it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                Gamechanger for states that allow it. Some states don't allow electronic devices on archery equipment though.
                Most states do not. I thought about the purchase but the review I read were pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
                  Most states do not. I thought about the purchase but the review I read were pretty bad.
                  Right now I can find only 8 states that this sight is illegal. I may have missed some though.

I think once they see that this sight does not shoot a beam or light like a red dot or others and basically operates like a normal range finder, it will be legal to use almost everywhere. Just my opinion.

I got mine for the spot and stalk Cape Buffalo hunt that i am going on in the next couple of years.

Comment

Picked up a A1i and have it installed about to begin setup in the next week or so.... first test will be in south Texas in March on a Javi hunt....

Comment

Please keep me updated !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                        Right now I can find only 8 states that this sight is illegal. I may have missed some though.

I think once they see that this sight does not shoot a beam or light like a red dot or others and basically operates like a normal range finder, it will be legal to use almost everywhere. Just my opinion.

I got mine for the spot and stalk Cape Buffalo hunt that i am going on in the next couple of years.

What states did you find where this is legal?

Comment

I've owned the A1i for about 7 months. Killed 3 deer with it this past season. Absolutely love the sight.

Comment

CO is one state where it is not legal . It falls under the lighted pin deal .

Comment

what bow case do you use with your Xero A1i?

Comment

Working...
                              X