Bennos
    Cajun Greek
    Shrimp N Stuff is ok if you want fried seafood
    Gypsy Joint for the non-seafood people

Breakfast
    Mosquito Cafe
    Sunflower Bakery
    Galvez has a great brunch, but I think it's Sundays only

With that said, the ferry line can be miserable, so I'll 3rd on eating at Stingray a few times. Not saying you shouldn't venture into Galveston, but take that into consideration.

Comment

Ferry wait will probably damper those plans…. Cajun Greek is good, the original for Mexican, Pappas pizza and wings, gypsy joint pretty good with a variety of sandwiches and burgers and other things. Sunflower bakery if looking for breakfast or lunch place. Number 13 of looking for higher end place, shrimp and stuff if looking for good seafood. But stingaree might be the place to go instead of waiting hours in ferry line

Comment

Not sure how old your son is but I would recommend going to La King’s in the Strand for some candy and good house made ice cream. It’s a favorite for our kids. Captain Dave has some good recommendations. I also like Mario’s on 61st St for pizza and Queen’s for BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by xdaryl View Post
          BLVD Seafood. From the outside it looks iffy but the food is great!!
          Good place, wouldn’t hesitate going back. If you want fancy, Rudy and Paco.

Comment

Rudy and pacos as mentioned already, one of my favorite spots. Awesome food, great service. Wife and I like the calamari, snapper simpatico and Pollo Managua.
            Sunflower bakery for breakfast, make sure you have on shorts with elastic.

If you don't visit those 2 places atleast, then you've really missed out.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post

i had grilled tilefish there a few years back. best dish i ever ate.

Comment

Stingaree is the best in my opinion. We love that place. Get the shrimp en brochette for an appetizer

Comment

Originally posted by beefiedoubleoh View Post
                  Skip that ferry line and go to Stingaree every night. Great place to eat on Bolivar.
                  I’ll back this as well! Stingarita!! I’ll be there on the 12th!! Can’t wait!

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
                    I’ll back this as well! Stingarita!! I’ll be there on the 12th!! Can’t wait!
                    Yeah, if you are already almost within walking distance, why drive to Galveston?

….. unless someone just wants to go to Galveston for the experience or to ride the ferry which is kind of a tourist attraction in itself.

Comment

We just got back from there. Went to the spot(food was ok but the format is horrible), fish tales(food was fine), and Gaido’s. Gaidos was outstanding. I highly recommend the crabmeat cheesecake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                        We just got back from there. Went to the spot(food was ok but the format is horrible), fish tales(food was fine), and Gaido’s. Gaidos was outstanding. I highly recommend the crabmeat cheesecake.

Did you say, crabmeat cheesecake?

Comment

Gaidos is awesome

Comment

I read this to some friends staying here and we all thought the same thing. We where wondering if its an appetizer or a dessert

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                              I read this to some friends staying here and we all thought the same thing. We where wondering if its an appetizer or a dessert

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post

Si. Crabmeat cheesecake. Not actual cheesecake, but a similar consistency. It’s an appetizer.

Comment

We usually eat at Gaidos or Black Pearl when we’re down there I like Fisherman’s Wharf also.

Comment

Working...
                                X