So I have an idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have an idea

So I came up with an idea to start up a local "hangout" open to anyone but mostly catered to students. Serving drinks, coffee, food, wifi for studying, have a pool table, foosball table, and a few other things. I have noticed a pretty decent rise in teens getting into trouble or going around late looking for it in my area. I want to do my part to try and help out the community and try to give young adults a place to go hangout with their friends, and try to keep them out of trouble.

I am not in a position financially to do this or get a loan for this. So I was wondering if any of you on the GS have done something like this and have any advice.

I really have a burning drive to do this I just dont know that it is possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice in advance and God Bless.

A teen cantina.

Comment

I guess you could call it that but it would be open for all ages just catered to the younger crowd

Comment

Dress code?

Comment

There will definitely be a dress code if it were to ever happen. There wouldnt be any one walking around half dressed or their pants hanging down to their calves.

Comment

Good cause, good luck!

Comment

I think your heart is in the right place, I just can’t see this being practical in today’s climate, unfortunately

Comment

The youth is all about being social nowadays. Sharing this posting that why wouldnt it work? Why not give them a safe environment to hangout with their friends that they dont have to pay an arm and a leg to enjoy themselves. No one in my area has tried this and I think if the kids had a place like this that people might be surprised how well it could work.

Comment

Are you a member of a church? There is a ministerial alliance in our community
                  where all pastors (denominations) get together monthly and discuss community affairs of all kinds. See is you can find something like that.
                  Could you use their facilities, even adult volunteers for supervision.
                  Any community buildings, rec centers, fair grounds, 4H, FFA, etc, around?

Get your ideas polished up and present 'em to the right folks and it might get off the ground, and you might even find like minded help.

Comment

I grew up on military bases and these were pretty common... called rec centers. There was also a private one in Bossier City call Agape which did pretty good but this was 30 years ago. Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                      Are you a member of a church? There is a ministerial alliance in our community
                      where all pastors (denominations) get together monthly and discuss community affairs of all kinds. See is you can find something like that.
                      Could you use their facilities, even adult volunteers for supervision.
                      Any community buildings, rec centers, fair grounds, 4H, FFA, etc, around?

Get your ideas polished up and present 'em to the right folks and it might get off the ground, and you might even find like minded help.

Good idea's I will have to look into this. As mentioned above they still do have rec centers on base and it seems to work quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        A teen cantina.
                        "The Canteena"

BlessedVet, I really hope this takes off. Impacting just one life will have dividends a century from now. Good for you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                          "The Canteena"

BlessedVet, I really hope this takes off. Impacting just one life will have dividends a century from now. Good for you sir.
                          Thank you sir I was thinking of calling it The Hangout, or The Spot

Comment

I got nothing to add, but I do admire you for thinking outside the box and stepping out on faith.

Contact your local US small business association and chamber of commerce to ask about specialized loans for starting up. I don't see where you are located, but if you are in a community considered rural, the USDA may also have programs for you to start up a new business. Considering your target audience, veteran status, etc. there are very low interest loan programs available.

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                              I guess you could call it that but it would be open for all ages just catered to the younger crowd
                              Would you have an age limit?

Comment

Working...
                              X