Snow skiing questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
    I hear that. did deer valley late spring. It was packed and I was very tired at the end. Wife loved it but she is 100x better skier than me.
    Yea its rough.... We are all amatuers but we enjoy it. I like it for the scenery i dont want to have to work at it. I feel like when you get on the big blues you can just take your time and enjoy it. I have to say the snowmobile rides we do are much more enjoyable lol...

Comment

Steamboat. January 15-Feb. 15.
      fly direct AA out of DFW.
      Great mountain and great town.

Comment

we typically ski Steamboat. Big mountain with lots of room. mid to end of February would be ideal. Deer Valley is good because they limit the number of skiers on the mountain everyday. Only a certain number of lift tickets are sold. Good variety of runs too.

Comment

Wolf Creek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Park City Utah…the week after New Years, but before Sun Dance Film Festival. Kool little town, almost guaranteed good snow base and plethora of ski-in-ski-out resorts. Most resorts have shuttle to and from airport in Salt Lake…about a 45 minute ride.

Copper Mountain is big but icey since on north face…so Ive been told by ski bums I run into at MtCB. The older ski bums hit CB up on off times. CB is a small mountain comparatively to most other resorts.

Add Presidents Day weekend to the no go time anywhere you go.
            Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-26-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Breck is our favorite the week before or after Prez day and during week.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Thanks for all the info

No idea what a "ski town vibe" is

Decent skiing and lower numbers of people are more important
                Red River is such a small town that it won't physically fit too many people. We went last spring break, and had it not been for democratic kung flu policies, the crowds would have been very easy to deal with. We're going back after Christmas.

Also, I had not been skiing in 20 years, and I was surprised how quickly it came back to me, and how little soreness I had. My wife and son had never been, and did ski school at my reccomendation, and it was a COMPLETE waste of time. Wasted a whole day on a slope so flat you couldn't learn anything meaningful anyway.

Comment

We go to Red River on Martin Luther King holiday week and the mountain is not too bad on Saturday and Sunday but Monday-Thursday.. its dang near empty. We get alot of skiing in. Mountain is small enough we can let our boys go on there own and at there own pace. Me and Momma just relax unless I am hitting the greens and showing them rookie skiers was sup.

Comment

Originally posted by MossyRockRanch View Post
                    Breck is our favorite the week before or after Prez day and during week.
                    Breck is amazing. Love that place. The last two times though the lift lines were insane. I'm an advanced snowboarder and Breck has some good lift served expert only terrain.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We got to Wolf Creek every February and rarely ever stand in a line more than 8-10 people deep.

Comment

Oh yeah. Don't call it snow skiing. It's just skiing. [emoji6]

Comment

Ski’d Copper Mountain in mid-January. Place was nice but at -10 at night and 16 during the day - it was a struggle to stay warm

Comment

My son ski’d Powderhorn outside of Grand Junction in January. He loved it and said it was very inexpensive. He’s a college student. 20% green and 50% blue slopes.

Comment

Originally posted by Masmak View Post
                              Ski’d Copper Mountain in mid-January. Place was nice but at -10 at night and 16 during the day - it was a struggle to stay warm
                              Center Village is a nice place to stay.

Comment

Check out Sunlight Ski Resort in Glenwood Springs. Cool lodge and seldom crowded.

Sunlight gives you a full day of skiing for about half the cost of the mega resorts. You'll park for free, walk to the lifts, and never stand in line.

Comment

Working...
                                X