I've gone green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've gone green

My Stihl chainsaw has been gettin cranky lately. Have put in a tune-up kit & had the carb gone through a couple times but I guess I just don't use it enough. Was @ Lowe's yesterday & happened across the outdoor section, spying the electric stuff. Had heard about the Ego machines on here and they seemed to get good reviews so I bought one, the 14"er. Tried it out this morning on what was left of the many citrus trees I lost this past winter. It's a workhorse with a full charge. Only cut 8 stumps, the biggest about 8" diameter so it's probably still got a good charge but it chewed right through 'em.
    I may have a Stihl for sale if this one seems reliable enough.

I went electric on my weed eater, pole saw love them both. Mine are ryobi

Comment

May need to go in this direction soon, thanks for the quick reviews.

Comment

I just recently sold my Ego stuff. My batteries were five years old and crapping out so I went with Ryobi simply for price point. EGO stuff is awesome though. If their battery prices were a bit cheaper I’d still be using them.

Comment

What size stihl and how much

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

So have I for small branches, twigs etc. this thing is a BEAST!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              What size stihl and how much

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              Not sure if I wanna sell right now. Will post in the classifieds if I decide to.

Comment

First time in my life I don't have 3 gas cans in the garage. Wife likes to mow our little backyards with the battery power.........

Comment

I bought a chainsaw and a polesaw of the Green Works brand a couple years ago. Very satisfied !

Comment

bought a pole saw and it is a work horse. Real handy for trimming. Don't have to use a ladder. LOL
                    Last edited by Oleman; 07-25-2021, 04:07 PM. Reason: misspell

Comment

I have a Dewalt 12” chainsaw, 16” chainsaw, and pole saw. All work great.

Comment

Lithium was the game changer

Comment

From my experience battery works well in pole saw, sucks in everything else.

Comment

Following [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have the DeWalt version of the pole saw, hedge trimmer... both do a great job... If you're cutting firewood, you shouldn't get rid of your Stihl..

Comment

Working...
                              X