I wanna buy your house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna buy your house

As I approached the age of 65, I started getting junk mail and calls (and yes i have registered with the do not call list) from sellers of: Life insurance, health insurance, medicare medical supplies,all things that seniors use, among others.
    Also started getting offers to buy my house. Not interested in selling my house. It's paid for, why would I sell? Just wonderin, are the home buyers targeting retirement age folk hopin to cash in on the boom/bust and buy a smaller place? Or are they soliciting everyone just because of the housing market right now. Either way, I wish they would stop with the phone calls and letters. I get almost as many letters as phone calls!
    People of all ages chime in!
    Last edited by locolobo; 06-23-2021, 06:25 PM.

I like to play with them. I ask a price they come back a couple of hundred thousand less than my ask and I tell them I can put a sign in my yard and sell it close to what I’m asking.

They are wanting to find the uninformed and take advantage of them.

Comment

It’s not just retired folks. I’ve received two hand written letters from known local realtors this month asking me to sell my house.

Comment

Im 28 and i get calls and text all the time for my house and houses that i dont even own.

Comment

We made the mistake of listing our house for sale in 2014 and changed our minds when we discovered the total trash that was also on the market for sale. Since then, it’s been a nightmare getting them off our backs.

Comment

As a Realtor, I get the same calls, texts and mail. Last week got one and I sent a text back saying, YES, come buy it. Told them I was a Realtor and that I would gladly sell for current market price of "way up there," won't bore you with the real price, and that they would pay all closing costs. She sent back a reply, "Never mind, I'm not interested anymore."

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

We bought our house three years ago, refinanced it once last year, then again this year. After the second refinance, we have gotten a couple of letters saying they want to buy our house. I would bet only two or three at the most.

Comment

Get a spam blocker app for your phone and you won't have to deal with them. Either that or don't answer calls from numbers that aren't in your contacts list.

I haven't received any calls (because I have a spam blocker) but as I was leaving the house to go to dinner yesterday there was a small American Flag planted in the front yard. It had a realtor's business card taped to the stick. No knock on the door, no harassment, just a unique way to advertise her services.

Comment

I get them from time to time. We have cash and will pay you 800 per acre on so and so lot. Usually less than 20 acres. I think they must get the info from the appraisal district.

Comment

The game is set up for the Realtors to always win. 6% is a LOT of money for the amount of work they do and they only make money when properties change hands, so yeah, they certainly encourage that. I get at least 5 postcards a month wanting to buy my ranch...

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                      As I approached the age of 65, I started getting junk mail and calls (and yes i have registered with the do not call list) from sellers of: Life insurance, health insurance, medicare medical supplies,all things that seniors use, among others.
                      Also started getting offers to buy my house. Not interested in selling my house. It's paid for, why would I sell? Just wonderin, are the home buyers targeting retirement age folk hopin to cash in on the boom/bust and buy a smaller place? Or are they soliciting everyone just because of the housing market right now. Either way, I wish they would stop with the phone calls and letters. I get almost as many letters as phone calls!
                      People of all ages chime in!
                      We have 2 houses in eye sight of downtown Houston. Get calls and texts every day.
                      The big house has almost trippled in value the last 30 years. We do not want to move. Period end of story.
                      The Pasadena house will sell fairly soon.......

Comment

Wife got a text the other day from a guy wanting to buy our place. When asked where he got her number and address he said tax office and white pages. She told him that was B.S. , we both have cell phone only. Tax office she doesn’t believe have our new numbers. I called and left him a voicemail that we would take $180K for the place. He texted her back and said it wasn’t appraised at that amount. She replied back that she knew that, but if he truly wanted it he would have to pay that price. We haven’t heard a word from him.

Comment

None of them are looking to pay market value. They are looking to steal a home, not buy one. That’s what we Buy Ugly Homes do. Why would they pay market value for a home, repair it and then try to flip it? Now, in this market I guess it could be possible if you had buyers that would pay the difference in what the bank would finance.

Comment

Yes. The house, land, timber, and minerals. And auto warranties.

Comment

We get calls weekly trying to buy one of our places. Took one for a ride around a Christmas and told them what I needed in order for them to buy that particular home. They never called back. But others have and they don’t stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X