Water Clarity at the coast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
    I didnt see a single jellyfish in the surf! Maybe one or two dead ones on the beach but that was it.
    Great. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      Pretty clear up around G-Town today.
      My buddy pulled his first Tarpon ever out of the surf.
      Oh reeaaallly!? Glad I put in to be off tomorrow gonna go hit High Island in the yak, I'd mess myself if a caught a Tarpon out there.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        The water is always murky there, unless the blue water is in, that only happens maybe two or three times a year. When the blue water does come all the way up inside the jetties, the fishing gets crazy, they start catching all types of stuff, that you normally don't see caught off of the jetties or inside the jetties. Normally you have to go 30 plus miles out to get into the blue water. If you have ever taken a boat out in the gulf and seen the line, where the murky water stops and the blue water starts, it is a very sharp line. One side the water is green, or brown and murky, the other side of the line, it's clear bright blue water.
        You must be thinking of Galveston. The blue water comes in much more than that from Port A south. Some years it's into the bay for 3 months. September and October are usually excellent.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
          You must be thinking of Galveston. The blue water comes in much more than that from Port A south. Some years it's into the bay for 3 months. September and October are usually excellent.

I thought the same thing. By this time down here the surf usually stays clear green into the wade gut. August to September blue water is usually close enough to cast to.

Comment

Spent last week in SPI next to Clayton’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
              I thought the same thing. By this time down here the surf usually stays clear green into the wade gut. August to September blue water is usually close enough to cast to.
              Or completely into the bay. Around the Packery is gorgeous at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                Oh reeaaallly!? Glad I put in to be off tomorrow gonna go hit High Island in the yak, I'd mess myself if a caught a Tarpon out there.
                Had to doctor it a little.
                Said there were much bigger ones swimming around, but they weren't interested.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by MadHatter; 06-14-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Way to keep the fishing holes OPSEC....nice man.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                    Way to keep the fishing holes OPSEC....nice man.

LOL. Did I log into 2cool by mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                      LOL. Did I log into 2cool by mistake?
                      Haha, it's good art work. All the potlickers will study and dissect that photo and pin point the honey hole ha.

Comment

Those tarpon are transient, so very likely you could go back to the same spot the next day and not find one.

Comment

Also the beach water in Texas is brown more often than it is clean, with the exception being way down south, even then, it isn’t comparable to Florida. Later in the summer, with the lighter SE winds, it will clean up. About anytime we pull a W or SW wind the water gets dirty. As was the case today, flat as you can get in the gulf, nasty brown water.

Comment

I know exactly where he caught that tampon...........in the water. Lol. 2cooler, fo sure.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Originally posted by hoythunter02 View Post
                                Haha, it's good art work. All the potlickers will study and dissect that photo and pin point the honey hole ha.

Yes they will, and that's how he makes his living.
                                Not my photo, or lively hood, so I did the best I could.
                                Never been on 2cool even once that I can remember, just heard horror stories from here .

Comment

Working...
                                X