No announcement yet.

Alone season 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't understand why most don't fish the first couple days. One guy was on day 6 trying to build a crap shelter and said he needed to start looking for food. Come on man, you are claiming on being an expert wilderness guy.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
      So far, only two good shelters,In the ground and the log cabin. . The people with the A frame and tarp shelters aren't going to make it.
      I agree the in the ground shelter is the best. Log cabin man needs to eat, he will be gone due to malnutrition quickly. The A framers are going to freeze in a month. Addicted to the show.

Comment

I also think the guy expending a lot of energy building the canoe that is not stable is wasting a lot of time and energy. The risk of falling into the water and getting hypothermia or drowning is high since he has nobody to help him. Also think he might be almost as successful just finding places to fish from shore. Once the lake freezes, the boat is of no use. Also the tarp he used for his canoe probably counted as one of his 10 items. A pack of wire for snares or bow/arrows might be just as good in the long run at obtaining meat .

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
          I also think the guy expending a lot of energy building the canoe that is not stable is wasting a lot of time and energy. The risk of falling into the water and getting hypothermia or drowning is high since he has nobody to help him. Also think he might be almost as successful just finding places to fish from shore. Once the lake freezes, the boat is of no use. Also the tarp he used for his canoe probably counted as one of his 10 items. A pack of wire for snares or bow/arrows might be just as good in the long run at obtaining meat .
          At least check to see how good the fishing is from shore first, then if it sucks build the canoe. I think some people just think things are cool and can't see past that.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            So far, only two good shelters,In the ground and the log cabin. . The people with the A frame and tarp shelters aren't going to make it.
            I agree, the small a frame shelters are going to freeze to death or off themselves before too long. The in ground shelter lady should have built some low walls then dug and piled the dirt up against the outside. But her current set up is still better than most.
            Guy that built the canoe might as well drown himself now.

Comment

I want to see the in ground shelter when it is finished.

Comment

I think the pit-shelter is in a very bad location. Right on the beach, exposed to much more weather AND directly in the path of predators cruising the beach for food. Bears, in particular know the beach provides food and in that part of the world, is their mainstay. Why do you think many bear Hunters cruise the shorelines looking for bear? She's also at the base of mountain slopes where rainfall could fill her pit quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  I think the pit-shelter is in a very bad location. Right on the beach, exposed to much more weather AND directly in the path of predators cruising the beach for food. Bears, in particular know the beach provides food and in that part of the world, is their mainstay. Why do you think many bear Hunters cruise the shorelines looking for bear? She's also at the base of mountain slopes where rainfall could fill her pit quickly.
                  This was my thinking as well

Comment

Yep, I was thinking too close to the water as well- just because.
                    The reasons you listed make it that much more so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watching episode 2 now. So sitka pants boy the canoe builder didn't bring a ferro rod? I'm betting he's probably gonna regret that...

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        Watching episode 2 now. So sitka pants boy the canoe builder didn't bring a ferro rod? I'm betting he's probably gonna regret that...
                        Yep. No matter how good you are at building fires, it gonna burn valuable calories every time

Comment

Yep, my thoughts, as well. Although maybe it could double as a grizzly hunting blind lol

Clay is gonna take it this year.

Comment

Grizzly?

All this bear scat and sighting talk.....can they kill them?
                            as in hunt them to eat, not in self defense?

Comment

Just from watching his YouTube channel for a couple years. My pick is on Clay to win.. that fishing pole was awesome. He spent a lot of time preparing for the show.. He's a dang good shot with the hand made bows he hunts with..His metabolism is gonna be his only issue.. but I think he can feed himself pretty well.

Comment

Clay is my choice as well for an early pic

Comment

Working...
                                X