Used Vehicle Prices…..Yikes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
    The dealer across from my office had a truck that the window sticker said 42k.
    It was used with 7k miles and they were asking 48k.
    I asked if it was a misprint and nope, it sure wasn't.

My brother is looking at new trucks. They are adding a $4k "market mark up" to the MSRP as the new price. They said its the "current value" for the trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
      My brother is looking at new trucks. They are adding a $4k "market mark up" to the MSRP as the new price. They said its the "current value" for the trucks.
      I would too. How else are you going to pay your people and your property taxes?

Comment

Yall are nuts.....its ok to say no

Comment

I guess an idiot that buys a 75k truck to drive to work and get groceries 99% if the time is going to also buy it for 80k.

Comment

We had an extra vehicle I sold. 2018 GMC Yukon Denali with 46k miles, bought it for 58k with 15k miles 2 1/2 yrs ago and just sold it for 52. Guy took it to auction, curious what he sold it for. I probably could have held out longer for a better price, but overall happy with it. Just crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
              We had an extra vehicle I sold. 2018 GMC Yukon Denali with 46k miles, bought it for 58k with 15k miles 2 1/2 yrs ago and just sold it for 52. Guy took it to auction, curious what he sold it for. I probably could have held out longer for a better price, but overall happy with it. Just crazy
              Out of curiousity, do you have any debt?

Comment

I’ve been offered $9k more than I paid on my 2020 F-250 lariat. Problem is finding a replacement vehicle!

Comment

I’ve got 4 trucks, and I use them all but am thinking I could probably make do without a couple of them if the price was right.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                    I’ve been offered $9k more than I paid on my 2020 F-250 lariat. Problem is finding a replacement vehicle!

Yep my dealership called me out of the blue and offered me what I paid for my TRDPRO Tacoma plus $2500. But the same thing, I don’t want to drive a clunker in return and anything decent right now is absolutely absurd.

You want to see something insane, Google Tacoma, FJ’s or 4runners. You think it’s bad with the big three. Guys with Toyota’s think they are sitting on gold mines lol

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                      I believe it. My truck is paid for and runs great. I don't need to jump into anything that doesn't makes sense.
                      I get the supply and demand. I'm happy to be in a good spot on vehicles.

Comment

I'm not feeling so bad. My 2019 High Country with 14k miles is now worth more than I paid for it new.

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                          I believe it. My truck is paid for and runs great. I don't need to jump into anything that doesn't makes sense.
                          I get the supply and demand. I'm happy to be in a good spot on vehicles.
                          Has nothing to do with supply and demand. The world is upside down. It will correct itself. Hang on to your seats in the meantime!!

Comment

It is crazy. I bought a really clean 2014 ram 2500 4x4 2 years ago as an extra truck to tow with. Paid 29k with 80k miles on it. Dealer called last week and offered to buy it back for 37k. No way I could find another like it for that price so I turned down the offer. I was shocked as it has 106k on it now. I have a 79 CJ 5 in the barn that I would let go for 12k😁

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                              It is crazy. I bought a really clean 2014 ram 2500 4x4 2 years ago as an extra truck to tow with. Paid 29k with 80k miles on it. Dealer called last week and offered to buy it back for 37k. No way I could find another like it for that price so I turned down the offer. I was shocked as it has 106k on it now. I have a 79 CJ 5 in the barn that I would let go for 12k[emoji16]

Yeah this has me regretting getting rid of my ‘03 Tacoma commuter truck. Had I kept it, I could have made a killing off this ‘18 Tacoma of mine.

Anything Toyota or Honda is on a whole other level of absurd inflation and dealerships are buying them up like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                                This...I’ve got a 2019 f-250 KR with 58k miles and got offered 70k for it. Just can’t find a replacement like you said!

Comment

Working...
                                X