Used Vehicle Prices…..Yikes!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else notice how light used ore-owned vehicles have sky rocketed? Saw a dealership tying to sell a decent shape 2013 FJ cruiser with 129k on the odometer for $45k!!! Great time to sell right now, horrible time if your buying unless it’s buying new.

Yep was looking at a very low mileage 2019 F350 4x4 Platinum. It lasted maybe a week at $80k. This was at a dealer. They tried very hard to get me to trade my pickup in on it.

Comment

Yep. That’s why when our daughter’s starter truck (2001 F250 PSD) gave us issues during the freeze, we bought her a newer truck.

The same truck we bought her 3+ months ago is showing to have a very low trade value of just over what we gave for it then. If we were to try and but that truck right now, from a dealership at least, it projects to be about 8k more than what we gave for it.

Absolutely insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
        Yep. That’s why when our daughter’s starter truck (2001 F250 PSD) gave us issues during the freeze, we bought her a newer truck.

The same truck we bought her 3+ months ago is showing to have a very low trade value of just over what we gave for it then. If we were to try and but that truck right now, from a dealership at least, it projects to be about 8k more than what we gave for it.

Absolutely insane.

Yeah it’s absurd. I’ve been really itching to turn my ‘18 TRDPRO Tacoma into a 13-14 FJ Cruiser(I just miss manual transfer case and a SUV).

Found a dealership with a low mileage ‘14 FJ but they wanted me to trade my ‘18 TRDPRO Tacoma with about $17k in mods/suspension with less than 55k mileage in plus I pay them an extra $10k on top. Told the salesman he needs to tell his manager to lay off the crack pipe. Prices will come down, I remember the ‘08 and ‘15 dips when they tried to gouge potential pre-owned vehicle buyers. But vehicles as simple as sedans that would regularly be $8000-$10000 are being advertised for $19-$21k for something like a 2015 or 2016 model, holy hell this is robbery!!

Also saw a ‘13 FJ Cruiser with 129k mileage for $45k and a ‘18 Rubicon Jeep for $55k!!! Are you ****ing me!!
        Last edited by HarryHunter; 05-29-2021, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsaregood View Post
          Yep was looking at a very low mileage 2019 F350 4x4 Platinum. It lasted maybe a week at $80k. This was at a dealer. They tried very hard to get me to trade my pickup in on it.

Ouch!!!!

Comment

I felt like I got a decent deal on tundra crew cab with 5.7 liter. TSS off-road. Only 2wd. Very nice truck. It’s a 2017 & had 27k miles & got it for $36k

Comment

The semiconductor shortage is killing inventory on everything

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                The semiconductor shortage is killing inventory on everything

Yeah it rough. My buddy bought one of those Chevy Colorado Buffalo Packages. I think that’s what he said. Anyways they called him offering full price for it back plus $5k. Something to do with Chevy is struggling to meet the demands of the computer processors and ECU’s in many of their vehicles when repairs are necessary.

Cross your fingers nothing electronic goes out on your vehicle I guess. Might be sitting on a unusable vehicle till the components become available.

Comment

I've got a relative in the business and they took in a old honda and gave $500 for it. Sold it auction for over 5K

Comment

Sold my truck Monday. Got 7k more for it than I bought it for. 2019 Trail Boss double cab, 38,000 miles. Luckily I have a work truck I can do what I need to in so I couldn’t pass up the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

monthly payment posse in effect...

who cares about the price when you can just drag out the payments for another 84 months.

Comment

So nuts— just happened to a buddy of mine who sold his Tacoma for $5k more than he bought it for.
                        I can’t imagine this is sustainable.

Comment

I'm so tempted to sell my truck and drive around our spare car until the shortage is over.

Comment

Sewell is selling used trucks for more than the original MSRP.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                              Sewell is selling used trucks for more than the original MSRP.
                              The dealer across from my office had a truck that the window sticker said 42k.
                              It was used with 7k miles and they were asking 48k.
                              I asked if it was a misprint and nope, it sure wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X