Just Stop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Stop!

I was on the book of faces and ran across a picture of a young lady with a deer. She was showing off her first buck. As I read the comments it ticked me off. One after another after another telling her she should have let that deer live for 2 or 3 more years and how she is the problem with hunting. It made me sick to my stomach that this is where we are with hunting now. She killed a LEGAL buck and is catching nothing but grief for it. People that have never met her and have no idea where she hunts jumping in on the dog pile. Stop it people! This younger generation obviously has no idea what the hunting tradition should be. It dang sure shouldn't be ridiculing anyone that killed a legal deer. It happens every single day right here on this forum. Someone posts a picture of a deer they are hunting and here comes the dog-pile telling him he NEEDS to let him walk a few more years. It's deer hunting people. Follow the laws, grow up, and mind your own business and it would be much more pleasant.

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
    I was on the book of faces and ran across a picture of a young lady with a deer. She was showing off her first buck. As I read the comments it ticked me off. One after another after another telling her she should have let that deer live for 2 or 3 more years and how she is the problem with hunting. It made me sick to my stomach that this is where we are with hunting now. She killed a LEGAL buck and is catching nothing but grief for it. People that have never met her and have no idea where she hunts jumping in on the dog pile. Stop it people! This younger generation obviously has no idea what the hunting tradition should be. It dang sure shouldn't be ridiculing anyone that killed a legal deer. It happens every single day right here on this forum. Someone posts a picture of a deer they are hunting and here comes the dog-pile telling him he NEEDS to let him walk a few more years. It's deer hunting people. Follow the laws, grow up, and mind your own business and it would be much more pleasant.

Did you post this on that FB thread?

Comment

Ridiculous. Hope you posted this on the book of faces

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Did you post this on that FB thread?
        Not in that detail but yes I did.

Comment

Yeah... I used to try to argue my position with those people. Not worth the breath. Like Cam Haynes says to his haters on social media "too blessed to be concerned with the thoughts of others."

Comment

Originally posted by smart View Post
            did you post this on that fb thread?
            lol

Comment

I've had people on this forum tell me what I NEED to do on my place. They didn't know where the place was, the deer density, or anything else about it but they had the management plan to beat all plans for it.

Comment

even the folks on our deer lease say the same stuff. no one is ever happy

Comment

Just Stop!

Ya it happens here too. My first bowkill i posted here and got told more than once how small she was. Haters gonna hate, im gonna keep shooting deer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                    AMEN brother ! I'm on a lease near Good Springs with three others, two of which are long time friends. I've killed one buck there in the four years I have been on the lease. I won't kill a doe because we don't have enough deer for that. I won't kill a buck under 3.5/4.5 either, but I would never presume to tell the other guys what to kill. They pay their money just like I do. Imo, if I don't like what they kill, I need to go on down the road.

Comment

This type of reply on the book of faces is exactly why I do not have an account.

Comment

Was it on the kill list or on the no kill list?

Comment

Hi everyone,
                          This is my first post, and the reason I chose to join this forum is just what this post is about. The members here defend people for their choices about harvest and generally only throw out “ he needed another year” in good natured jest. How many of us had our 1st deer be a fully mature cull or trophy? A trophy animal much like a trophy spouse is in the eye of the beholder. Please keep it real and keep the support for our favorite pastime. GOD bless y’all.

Henry

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                            Was it on the kill list or on the no kill list?

Comment

If it is legal and makes you happy go for it. Everyone has different ambitions no need to push your agenda on someone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X