Millennials and liberals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    No. I don’t watch the news or read the paper.

I have no clue who won any of the electricians except for Cruz. Normally if I see something that scrolls across the TV, TBH or tigerdroppings that peaks my interest I will google it. I don’t even use a computer with a home page to see current events because I surf TBH from my I-Phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nothing wrong with what you are doing as far as not watching any of that mess. I watch very little myself since retirement and life is much more relaxing than when I was a news junkie.

Comment

Yep
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        What insurance company do you have? I pay $12K per year premium with a $3K family deductible. My cost has tripled since barakcare was forced on us.
        I have BCBS but the MRI was a result of an injury at work. The MRI cost was based on the max DOL will pay a medical provider.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          Everyone keeps talking about libetals moving into the state but I believe the Millennials are the largest liberal voting block. Many youngsters I know were born and raised in Texas with conservative parents are voting liberal.

Thoughts?
          I am 22 so I fall into the millennial category...unfortunately...Born and raised by parents with conservative views and I was always taught that you have to work hard for anything in life. I will deny being labeled as a millennial until the day I die.

The biggest problem that I see with people my age these days is social media. Social media is the world's biggest problem. People get so caught up in believing what they read or watch on social media that it makes them oblivious to what is actually going on around them. Makes me sick.

I'll just sit back, enjoy my beer, listen to the good music (Stevie Ray Vaugh, Zepplin, Eric Clapton, Eagles, George Jones, Haggard, etc.) and shoot the s*** with you "old" folks. Yall know how to do it

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            I'm not a Millenial, but believe that the Democrats have appealed more to personal feelings and compassion. Rather than the Conservatives that are more about self improvement, and almost seen as greed.
            I can agree with this to the point that only works on the ignorant. I could run on free healthcare, fee higher education for everyone with a masters in 6 months, all immigrants welcome, and free gas for everyone. It sounds great and absolutely would be until I have to explain how all this “free” stuff is going to be paid for. Ahhhhhh, it’s not free after all. But I’ll just tax big business and all successful people to death. Until their dead. Oh, and let’s not forget all Republicans ar wold white racist males, never mind the most liberal cities I’ve been to are the most segregated places I’ve ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
              I can agree with this to the point that only works on the ignorant. I could run on free healthcare, fee higher education for everyone with a masters in 6 months, all immigrants welcome, and free gas for everyone. It sounds great and absolutely would be until I have to explain how all this “free” stuff is going to be paid for. Ahhhhhh, it’s not free after all. But I’ll just tax big business and all successful people to death. Until their dead. Oh, and let’s not forget all Republicans ar wold white racist males, never mind the most liberal cities I’ve been to are the most segregated places I’ve ever seen.
              Nobody ever explained how Mexico will pay for that wall.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                  I am all in for a competency test before you can vote. Standard 10 question test..

You should read Brave New World

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                    Define "plays basketball" and "cool"

Trust me, I am not one that falls into the crowd I described.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                      Millennial checking in and I don’t vote. I’ve got better **** to do than vote.

Before anyone gets their tits in a bunch I don’t watch the news or keep up with current events. If I don’t catch it on TBH or tiger dropping’s
                      I have no idea what’s going on in America. I feel like an uneducated vote is worse than someone voting republican or Democrat just because.

47% of votes cast every election year are uneducated..

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                        you should read brave new world

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
                        x1000000000

Comment

I have always liked to Starship Troopers idea of National Service for voting rights.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                            Im fortunate both of my millenial sons are staunch conservatives. They shake their heads at most of their generation.
                            I’m a millennial by birthdate but not at all by my views. I’m with your kids!

Comment

Ironic don't you think....considering you refuse to explain how "free college for all" will not use nor raise our tax money.

Comment

Pay for the wall by cutting all US aid to Mexico. Restrict US tourism. The United States drives their GDP and economy.

Comment

Working...
                                X