Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever found anything hidden in the woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever found anything hidden in the woods?

Found a marker from the 1960’s that marked the boundary of Army Corps land. That’s not exactly what you’d think of as hidden, but it was deep in overgrown brush. There was no fence at that location.

Another time came across what turned out to be stolen cars. I did report that to authorities. I’ll have to jog my memory for other finds.

When bought our place there was an old rock built homestead on it. My grandsons got the metal detector out and found all kinds of stuff. Found several small metal toy cars that kids played with, metal plates and flatware, horse shoes, etc.

Comment

I found a couple of USGS markers on top of the Delaware and Apache Mountains in Culberson County on the ranch we used to hunt. I always thought that was pretty cool.

Comment

It seems like my brother was finding stolen cars in the woods every other weekend or so

Comment

Found a stolen truck on our property, 3 yrs ago. What an ordeal lol. Cops and GW coming in an going out all hrs of the night, an day for about 2 weeks.
          Camped at Benbrook, go fishing while girlfriend is wandering around taking pics. She finds a nice bag of weed, crammed into a knot hole, on a big cedar tree.
          In Colorado several yrs ago, several miles in, find a grave marker, made out of Aspen. Our Friend Virgil on one side, Our girl Bobby on the other. Horses maybe, dogs, people...no clue. Was in there 2 yrs ago, and it's still standing.
          Attached Files

Comment

I actually found two graves on our place a grown up hillside a couple weeks ago when I was hunting. Just rock piles with flat rocks on top. No telling how old. I’d never seen them before.

I’ve also found some...gardens...in the woods.

Comment

found about $40 scattered around a large stock tank we owned. It was not in one location, but scattered around the whole thing. I guess we had some uninvited fishermen who had a hole in a pocket.

found some human teeth in a large overhanging cliff when I was a kid. Baylor archeology classes had been doing digs there, and they had left picks and sifters etc. Also found a lot of other artifacts in and around that area. This was around a rock quarry my dad used to run in Crawford. We found lots of artifacts there.

Comment

When we were still running hog dogs we found several grown up cemeteries. Mostly slaves buried there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our ranch hand and my brother found a duffel bag of weed. It was about 50 lbs total wrapped in plastic in smaller bricks. When border patrol picked it up they acted like it was no big deal Were about 7 miles past the check point so i have to assume it was a staging spot.

Comment

My buddy found a Ruger 10/22 when we were small game hunting when we were kids.

Comment

While scouting a property for trees to put a portable stand in I located a dipping trench or whatever that was used for dipping cattle. There were so many big trees and brush all grown up around it that it might not be visible in spring and summer. It was all very old concrete.
                      Last edited by Pigpiggy; 11-07-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

My cousin and I found a cooler full of old playboys in the woods at my grandfather's one time... He's still denying it to this day lol

Comment

Originally posted by brnhtown View Post
                          My cousin and I found a cooler full of old playboys in the woods at my grandfather's one time... He's still denying it to this day lol
                          Haha!

Comment

Originally posted by brnhtown View Post
                            Every boy’s dreams come to life^^^

On our old lease in Crockett county, there were a dozen or so old foundations, sidewalks, stair steps, poured and completed. But they were all over grown with full grown mesquite and cedar trees growing up around them and through them. All we could think was the ranch headquarters were at one time going to be built there, and they changed their minds. This was on the Shannon Ranch which is around 100,000 acres, but the ranch headquarters were about 5 miles down the road from us.

Comment

Couple of meth cook sites in Tennessee. Way off the beaten path.

Comment

Working...
                              X