No announcement yet.

Cattle Panel Blind (My Version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Painted the heavy duty industrial grade landscape fabric with an entire gallon of good quality ooops paint from Lowe’s. It does breath some, but it would be hot on an afternoon sit in early season for sure. May end up hunting it mornings only until it cools off some later in October.

Comment

I’m in South MS, very small town about 15 min north of Laurel, MS.

Comment

I will be out at the new land this weekend, and I will take some interior pics for y’all.

Comment

I have purchased and used pop ups for years, but they just don’t last around here. I have the older version of this blind still going strong on my brothers land after 6 years.

Our deer are much less spooky if you can leave a blind year round. I have had them turn inside out when a new pop up is placed, even if you brush it in good!

MS deer have small horns and spook easily.......great characteristics huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Thainixs View Post

MS deer have small horns and spook easily.......great characteristics huh?
            They get that way after being run by dogs and shot at all the time.

Comment

Yep I agree......dog season is getting shorter every year. Maybe they are finally wising up!

Comment

Dog hunting population here is aging rapidly........not many young people involved in the dog hunting scene anymore. Hopefully it continues to decline.

Comment

Interior pics
                  Attached Files

Comment

We have built cattle panel blinds before but they don't have good windows like yours. How did you attach the lumber for the window frames to the panel?

Comment

Also, what kind of doorway does it have?

Comment

Looks good
                        Following for details on windows

Comment

Windows are just treated 1x2 sandwich around the wires of the cattle panel with deck screws.

Comment

Trying to add more pics, but I keep getting an “upload failed” error. Anyone know how to solve this problem.

Comment

Front window I added small hinges with a wooden window that flips upward.

Side windows are just shoot through mesh stretched and stapled to the 1x2s.

Comment

Did you tac your roof to your sides? The ones I've seen use PVC or something for the top looks like your roof is a seperate piece of panel? How is the roof supported? And you just tposted to 4 corners?Looks good. Cool blind especially for the money it's a great blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X