Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Blackland Prairies Hunting (Navarro, Ellis, Hill, Freestone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to judge off just one pic but that brisket looks pretty deep and the neck ties straight in to the point. His girth is full front to back. I'd say that deer is older based on that one pic but really need more to make a call.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
      Hard to judge off just one pic but that brisket looks pretty deep and the neck ties straight in to the point. His girth is full front to back. I'd say that deer is older based on that one pic but really need more to make a call.

Couple of different views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post

Couple of different views.

Nice deer for sure! It’d be tough for me to let him walk.

Comment

Looking at those I’d def say no younger than 4 and no older than 5

Comment

I’ve been in the stand the past two days. I’ve seen crazy chasing action both mornings. I’ve got a few new bucks showing up as well. I couldn’t get a shot at a buck so this morning I took out a doe. Going back this weekend to hopefully get a buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Shot View Post
              I’ve been in the stand the past two days. I’ve seen crazy chasing action both mornings. I’ve got a few new bucks showing up as well. I couldn’t get a shot at a buck so this morning I took out a doe. Going back this weekend to hopefully get a buck.

That’s good to hear. Where abouts are you hunting? I’m in northern Navarro.
              It seems like any action that we had at our feeders has stopped over the last couple of days. The warm weather probably isn’t helping anything.

Comment

It’s gonna be warm for sure, I have pretty good acorns falling but not as bad as yrs past. I need to get out tomorrow and check cams

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                  That’s good to hear. Where abouts are you hunting? I’m in northern Navarro.
                  It seems like any action that we had at our feeders has stopped over the last couple of days. The warm weather probably isn’t helping anything.

I hunt in Freestone County, near the old Big Brown plant and mines.

Comment

Lost Cajun are you near Chatfield?

Comment

Good luck fellas I thinking of backing off for a year maybe two. Need to take a few doe out this way.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                        Lost Cajun are you near Chatfield?

I’m about 10 miles from there, between Rice and Corsicana. I saw your post about your black doe and was wondering where you were because I had a black doe on my place for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                          I’m about 10 miles from there, between Rice and Corsicana. I saw your post about your black doe and was wondering where you were because I had a black doe on my place for a few years.

I hunt East of there and North of Kerens.
                          Last edited by 7sdad; 10-22-2021, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Anyone hunt around mount calm or Penelope?I never hear that area mentioned.

Comment

How’s the season going so far? I’ve got my annual pile of corn building under my feeders while the deer hit the acorns I suppose. Hopefully they’ll return soon!

Comment

Have had a few new bucks and one of my shooters from last yr return in past week. Still missing a lot of bucks. We have some acorns but not as bad as last yr I don’t think.

Comment

Working...
                                X