Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Callahan, Coleman, Jones, Fisher, Nolan, Runnels, Scurry, Shackelford…7th edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
    Anyone hunt near Deep Creek in N Callahan? 310?
    I'm just north of where 310 runs into 317.

Comment

Saw over 20 deer this past weekend but no shooters. A lot of does and young bucks.

Comment

picked the wrong weekend to go bow hunt, but college football, astros and prepping for rifle season more than filled the time. Dove finally starting to show up on our place and my buddy whose still out there, said they were pouring in today. good turkey numbers as well, so think they fared ok during the feb freeze. We have good numbers of mature management deer and good numbers of 3-4 year old future trophies. But still not seeing mature trophies. Have 4-5 big shooters that we hoped to have show back up this year, but not seeing any of them yet. Hoping its a combination of acorns and weather thats keeping them away, but we shall see...

Comment

Originally posted by mr. buck View Post
          picked the wrong weekend to go bow hunt, but college football, astros and prepping for rifle season more than filled the time. Dove finally starting to show up on our place and my buddy whose still out there, said they were pouring in today. good turkey numbers as well, so think they fared ok during the feb freeze. We have good numbers of mature management deer and good numbers of 3-4 year old future trophies. But still not seeing mature trophies. Have 4-5 big shooters that we hoped to have show back up this year, but not seeing any of them yet. Hoping its a combination of acorns and weather thats keeping them away, but we shall see...

Seeing the same at our place in Oplin…didn’t see a deer on Saturday, but did see quite a few dove.

Food plots are coming along nicely, but we have a TON of acorns!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was just up at our place in Coleman and fisher counties. We are just now starting feeders but I had cameras out. Going to be interesting in fisher county we have some red stags on camera and a albino mule deer fawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
              Was just up at our place in Coleman and fisher counties. We are just now starting feeders but I had cameras out. Going to be interesting in fisher county we have some red stags on camera and a albino mule deer fawn.

Nice!

Comment

Any idea how much rain was received around Albany or Moran. I looked on the LCRA site and Cross Plains had over 2" and Clyde approx 1.3". The Abilene Airport was showing a little over .7".

Comment

Radar-estimated precipitation accumulation for the past 24 hours to 3 days. High resolution and interactive rainfall data on Google Maps.

Use this.

Comment

lease mate just now sent me a picture from the power line behind the trailer and its absolutely sagging with dove. theyve clearly been pouring in ahead of this front.

Comment

Any idea how much rain was received around Albany or Moran. I looked on the LCRA site and Cross Plains had over 2" and Clyde approx 1.3". The Abilene Airport was showing a little over .7".
                      2.3" in Oplin

Comment

Food plots are benefiting from the moisture.

Good luck to everyone heading out this weekend!

Comment

Anyone have any luck this weekend?

Any reports?

Comment

My buddy stayed out and hunted the weekend, low 40’s in the AM with almost no wind. Said it was crazy, bucks chasing, grunting and making scrapes, almost like the temps fast forwarded things by a month. We still don’t have any freaks on camera, just mature management deer and good young up and comers.

Comment

My buddy stayed out and hunted the weekend, low 40’s in the AM with almost no wind. Said it was crazy, bucks chasing, grunting and making scrapes, almost like the temps fast forwarded things by a month. We still don’t have any freaks on camera, just mature management deer and good young up and comers.

10 day forecast doesn’t look promising…should make it back to our farm next weekend.

Comment

Good luck to everyone heading out this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X