No announcement yet.

Hogs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As mentioned a bomb or maybe claymores is best.

I carry a suppressed bolt 223 most of the time. Its not that often you get a follow up shot with an AR thats not just throwing lead in the woods. But that doesnt bother me much really. I want to send them all to jesus and dont care how they get there.

Comment

Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
        If you truly want to put a dent in the hog population and their numbers are that high, a lone rifle will never get it done. Yes, it's fun to work on it, but shooting 1-3 here and there will just educate them. Now, if you're just looking for an excuse to buy a new rifle, "just because" works just fine
        Ssshhhh🤫 don’t let the wife find out

Comment

A trap will get you a lot farther down the road as pertaining to hog controll

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
            Agreed.

Read my mind they’re so hard to find for some reason though haha

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              A trap will get you a lot farther down the road as pertaining to hog controll
              Good to know, the owner included an old hog trap I’ll have to see if it still works… thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                As mentioned a bomb or maybe claymores is best.

I carry a suppressed bolt 223 most of the time. Its not that often you get a follow up shot with an AR thats not just throwing lead in the woods. But that doesnt bother me much really. I want to send them all to jesus and dont care how they get there.
                Spray and pray baby. One of those shots will hit eventually!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fooser View Post
                  Spray and pray baby. One of those shots will hit eventually!!

oh, I been there plenty. Ear on the first round and aim at the blurs in the scope next

Comment

We have been looking at one of these. I love the Jaeger Pro's but don't have that kind of money just laying around. I have also looked at building a remote operated system which is still a viable option but ran across the Pig Brig while doing some research and therefor considering it as well. I would likely just buy some old shrimp boat nets and make my own version of it to keep the cost down.

The Pig Brig is the perfect multi-catch feral hog trap system. Low cost, one-person setup, easy transport and no cellphone service necessary.

Anyway.....good luck with whatever you decide on and as far as a rifle, if it were me I would be putting a suppressor one of my AR's in either 223 or 300blk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      oh, I been there plenty. Ear on the first round and aim at the blurs in the scope next
                      Haha they can’t run forever

Comment

I've got a suppressed 300BO that does well enough, given reasonable distance. Still, I wish i would've gone AR10 (good ol' 308) or a larger cal in 15 platform.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                          We have been looking at one of these. I love the Jaeger Pro's but don't have that kind of money just laying around. I have also looked at building a remote operated system which is still a viable option but ran across the Pig Brig while doing some research and therefor considering it as well. I would likely just buy some old shrimp boat nets and make my own version of it to keep the cost down.

The Pig Brig is the perfect multi-catch feral hog trap system. Low cost, one-person setup, easy transport and no cellphone service necessary.

Anyway.....good luck with whatever you decide on and as far as a rifle, if it were me I would be putting a suppressor one of my AR's in either 223 or 300blk
                          Interesting I’ve never seen a trap like that before. Good luck if you decide to go for the homemade version of it. Let us know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            I've got a suppressed 300BO that does well enough, given reasonable distance. Still, I wish i would've gone AR10 (good ol' 308) or a larger cal in 15 platform.
                            What are the downsides of the .300BO

Comment

Originally posted by fooser View Post
                              just signed a contract for a new property an there’s a bit of a hog problem. Looking for a good rifle to take them all out with. Anyone know the best hog rifle/round. The rifle is going to be suppressed as well. Any suggestions on the best possible build for a mass murder of hogs???:d
                              ar10 .308

Comment

You will need to put out a couple traps.......and even that wont get rid of all of them. Like others have already mentioned, just about any type of firearm will work for getting rid of a couple at a time, and once you start shooting at them they will move to someone elses land for a little while, but they will be back. Trapping them is the only way to put a decent dent in the population.

Comment

Working...
                                X