Rocksprings land overload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocksprings land overload?

I've been looking at small (under 100 acre) tracts of land for sale for me and my dad to be able to hunt, and in my searches, Rocksprings seems to be populated more and its normal tract sales. I know Ozona area was hit hard with CWD but is the sell off in Rocksprings due to CWD as well or are people just not able to pay for the land since the stopped getting relief checks?

I've put more on the boarder issues is why there is so many plots for sale.

Comment

Anthrax not CWD. Completely Different

From the town of rocksprings north and east should be fine, but south and west got hit.

Comment

I'm 20 miles south off 674 and we are good. Good fawn crop this year, every doe I saw three weeks ago had a fawn with them. But it is dry!

Comment

Is the land going down in price?

I’d say its more likely this Plandemic is coming to fruition instead of disease. I remember seeing luxury cars at the San Antonio food bank. Could be many people have to let go of property like this.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperExotics View Post
            Anthrax not CWD. Completely Different

From the town of Rocksprings north and east should be fine, but south and west got hit.
            that makes sense, I just assumed CWD as I know there are CWD checkpoints in Sonora as of at least last year.

Comment

the reason there are so many tracts for sale is due to all of the new subdivisions going in. a lot of the old ranches are being split up.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                the reason there are so many tracts for sale is due to all of the new subdivisions going in. a lot of the old ranches are being split up.
                ^^ Unfortunately the post above is the exact reason ^^

Comment

Yep. Edwards county has had high volume for years. They keep selling 50-100 acre ranchettes and it floods the market. For whatever reason, Edwards Co seems to be the leading county for this type of subdivision. Not really sure why either.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
                    Yep. Edwards county has had high volume for years. They keep selling 50-100 acre ranchettes and it floods the market. For whatever reason, Edwards Co seems to be the leading county for this type of subdivision. Not really sure why either.
                    It’s easier to move the properties- unfortunately!

Comment

It's the county commissioners that keep approving smaller and smaller subdivisions. a lot of them are now right at 20 acres.

Comment

If you look on Lands of Texas….Edwards Co is filled with these subdivisions. It’s hard to believe that some of these parcels even sell. There’s countless tracts that are located on a hill side that’s covered in cedar. There’s a lot of these subdivisions popping up in Menard/Concho Co as well.

Thankfully there’s still a lot of large ranches left in the western/central hill country.

Comment

It’s all about the money!! Way more $ per acre on smaller tracts… lots of places in Val verde popping up doing the same…. “Developers” get multiple peeps to finance the large ranch and split it up.

As mentioned above some of the tracts are virtually worthless but some people buy without even looking at the places…

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
                            Is the land going down in price?

I’d say its more likely this Plandemic is coming to fruition instead of disease. I remember seeing luxury cars at the San Antonio food bank. Could be many people have to let go of property like this.
                            Real good friend of mine has volunteered at a houston food bank for 20 years and said more than half of the cars coming are luxury cars. He was telling me this 10 years ago. I think a lot of broke people **** their money away on cars.

Comment

Originally posted by matagordian View Post
                              Real good friend of mine has volunteered at a houston food bank for 20 years and said more than half of the cars coming are luxury cars. He was telling me this 10 years ago. I think a lot of broke people **** their money away on cars.
                              Haha, reminds me of the 2 Saturdays I wasted as a young man volunteering for Habitat for Humanity.
                              Saturday 1 - worked and learned how to hang a door frame.
                              Saturday 2 - working on roof when new to be homeowner comes driving up in a somewhat new LINCOLN TOWNCAR to see how we were doing.
                              I looked over at my POS truck and was a smidge confused as to what was going on.

Saturday 3- learned my lesson and went back to working on my own chores list that had now grown due to being ignored the previous 2 weekends.

Comment

Working...
                              X