Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    Hunted our Christoval lease grounds last weekend and even though the temperatures were very warm, deer still seem to move early and late. What few acorns that are falling are getting cleaned up quickly so deer are still hitting feed stations pretty hard.

I was lucky enough to kill this mature short tined 10 point Saturday morning. As most know, I do not discriminate against mature bucks..ha ha

Ashton also shot a dandy of a mature 8 point along with a doe. Here is her thread: https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=823713

Hope all enjoy and best of luck to all you area hunters.

God Bless

Rwc

Very nice Richard! She and the deer sure pretty up all the ugly in that picture![emoji13][emoji23][emoji23]. Like her hat too!

Seriously though great mature deer! Congrats on y’all’s heckuva archery weekend! Hope some of yalls juju runs off up the street!

Comment

Congrats sir!!

Comment

Hunted our Christoval lease grounds last weekend and even though the temperatures were very warm, deer still seem to move early and late. What few acorns that are falling are getting cleaned up quickly so deer are still hitting feed stations pretty hard.

I was lucky enough to kill this mature short tined 10 point Saturday morning. As most know, I do not discriminate against mature bucks..ha ha

Ashton also shot a dandy of a mature 8 point along with a doe. Here is her thread: https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=823713

Hope all enjoy and best of luck to all you area hunters.

God Bless

Rwc
        That’s a great deer. Congrats sir.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mayhem;15850893]Slow weekend at our place buck wise but that’s not uncommon for October.

Did see this nice 3 or 4 year old. I think the deer is a fat 3 year old but it’s a coin flip at this point. I have no intentions of killing him anyway.

What are y’all’s thoughts on age?

3. Notice where the neck connects to the shoulders, (really high), no sway in the back or belly, Thin face. Big Butt not big shoulders, Very little to no staining from previous years on the tarsals. But the only true way to tell is ground checking and teeth wear. But thats my .02$

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Very nice Richard! She and the deer sure pretty up all the ugly in that picture![emoji13][emoji23][emoji23]. Like her hat too!

Seriously though great mature deer! Congrats on y’all’s heckuva archery weekend! Hope some of yalls juju runs off up the street!
            I appreciate it……I think? Lol

Rwc

Comment

Some good weather coming in this weekend hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                Some good weather coming in this weekend hopefully
                Looks like beautiful temps and goofy wind. ENE or E on Saturday morning... bleh. Sunday at least it's back to SE where it belongs. Maybe it'll blow steady 5-10 instead of dead calm like opening weekend

Son and I will be after 'em this weekend either way. We get to hunt by the calendar, not the conditions.

Comment

I appreciate it……I think? Lol

Rwc

[emoji23][emoji56][emoji23]

Comment

Seeing some good stuff this year! Good luck everybody. Hoping to be on the board soon.

Comment

Heading west Friday morning, ready to get out there. I wasn’t overly excited opening weekend but ready to get in the stand

Comment

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Good rain yesterday …1.9”

Last edited by Smart; 10-14-2021, 09:43 AM.

Comment

That moist squirrel's just chillin lol.

Comment

Taking the boys and their crossbow after this one this evening. Axis may show up first but that won’t be a problem either. (Don’t have any downloaded pics yet so it’s pics of the comp screen)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go get him! Did see any rain at our place.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Good rain yesterday …1.9”

[IMG]
                                Same for us north of town according to farm logs.

Comment

Working...
                                X