• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tent camping

Any of you guys still camp in tents in looking for a easy set up all
    Most like a pop up blind

Thinking of useing 4 16ft cattle panels to box in a camping area
    Keep cows and hogs out lol maybe I’m crazy but I figured it would help me sleep
    Better at night

so why the panels?

Comment

My Daughter and I camped opening weekend.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20211002_111257.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	24665280
      I have a 10x10 tent that goes under a ez up canopy. Fast to put up and plenty of room. I need to get another ez up for shade when sitting around.
      I'm not to worried about hog getting at me in the tent but cows might tear camp up. Glad we dont have cows to contind with.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got an “easy-up” 6 person tent on clearance last year for like $60 at Walmart. As easy as it is to set up I would probably pay close to retail for one. It goes up in 3-4 minutes, depending on whether or not you set your beer down. Comes back down in probably 5-6 minutes.

Comment

All the time, but no help on a pop up style tent.
          Had one experience with one and never again.
          Took 2 men to fold that sucker up and wrestle it back in the bag.
          Loaned it out more than once and it came back strapped to the roof of the vehicle lmao.
          They make inflatable ones now that go up in about 30sec with a good pump.
          Flimsy but practical in good weather.
          My friend bought one for his daughter, and it's pretty neat, but I don’t think the seams are going to hold up that long before it starts leaking.

Comment

Going tent camping the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Comment

I used cattle panels to keep the cows from chewing on my stuff. I think your idea is good.

Comment

If I want to go light I use a 10-10 tart if not I take a big Kodiak 10/14 tent

Comment

2 pole dome tent is hard to beat

Comment

I do it several times a year with my son. This coming weekend I am gonna try a hammock out instead of the tent.

Comment

I'll be tent camping 2nd week of Nov. Used to do it almost every weekend through the season when I was younger. And hunting public lands. Even bought a 10x20 three room cabin tent back in the early 1990s. I last used a few years ago before I sold it to another TBHer in Cleburne. Still have my first, a 7x7 cabin style. Spent many nights in it. Think I paid less than $25 for it back in the 1980s. Got a Bushnell 9x11 instant up, Shield Series waiting to be used for the first time in Nov. Got a topper on the back of the truck just in case .

Edit: Oh, and the Bushnell is a pop-up type tent.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-12-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

We bought a tent at Academy that is hub style. The one we got is 7’x14’ ( 2 room ) for $299. They have a smaller one that is 7’x7’

Comment

I tried tent camping a while back it has to be cool weather for me or I will sweat all night.

Comment

I had a Napier truck tent that was awesome if your truck stayed in camp while you were hunting. If you had to use your truck you had to fold it up. It keeps you off the ground and was great in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by JKing01 View Post
                              I tried tent camping a while back it has to be cool weather for me or I will sweat all night.
                              Coleman generator, small AC unit and a fan!!

I also used to have one of those dorm room refrigerators that all ran on the generator.

Comment

Working...
                              X