2021-22 east texas season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slayr View Post
    This wins dumbest and most untrue statement I’ve read today.
    It’s responses like this that sour this site…..regardless of the topic or facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
      It’s responses like this that sour this site…..regardless of the topic or facts.
      I’m sorry, I’ll be more polite when calling him retarded next time.

Comment

I’m sorry, I’ll be more polite when calling him retarded next time.

It’s definitely not retarded he may have slightly exaggerated, but he’s far from off base. You’re showing your class more than any point you’re trying to prove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok guys this is my first post so be gentle. First and foremost I joined this site to share a common passion with fellow outdoorsman like yourselves. Haven’t joined to fight. To be honest I have been a voyeur for a long time without joining because of all the Keyboard Assassins. I really don’t understand all the cheap shots but it appears that most no how to handle their business so I’ll move on and try and stay on topic. I’m going on 63 and hunted all my life in just about every region of the state. Now I am an exclusive East Texas deer hunter. I’m fortunate to have a good lease just 15 minutes from my house. 2019 I took a 5 1/2 year old 10 point that scored 139. Last season I took a 5 1/2 year old main frame 10 with split brows that scores 151. As time goes by I’ll figure out how to pics and would love to share. I feed year round protein and corn. I trap most of the hogs when they become a nuisance and let rest get comfortable coming to the corn feeders in daylight and shoot them. I have never had hogs completely run deer out of my area. I run cameras all year round so I can pattern the hogs for shooting purposes. Not a fan of feed pens because one of our members put some up and several deer were hung by their back legs and died. As for my hog trap, I built a round pen with cattle panels and put a corn feeder in it and let it feed until they got comfortable going in and set the trigger. Would pretty well catch the whole group each time I set it maybe every 2 to 3 weeks apart. Planted 9 acres of cow peas this year that could of done better with less rain but the deer benefited from it nonetheless. My mature buck groups have been non existent this year for some reason. I’m assuming it’s because of all the good browse this year and they have not needed the protein as much as in the past. Well I guess I should call it quits for now and really look forward to interacting with you guys in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            It’s definitely not retarded he may have slightly exaggerated, but he’s far from off base. You’re showing your class more than any point you’re trying to prove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I may have been rude, I’ve been around Greenheadless on forums for close to 20 yrs. Didn’t mean to ruffle your and others feathers. But don’t judge a person’s class by two statements on a public forum.

he was painting with a broad brush. Some of the best places I’ve seen in E Texas do not run pens around feeders, kill incredible bucks and hogs aren’t an issue.

Comment

Good stuff gumbo man. You got any spots on that lease? I'm recently hunting-homeless and looking for a soft landing.

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Ok guys this is my first post so be gentle. First and foremost I joined this site to share a common passion with fellow outdoorsman like yourselves. Haven’t joined to fight. To be honest I have been a voyeur for a long time without joining because of all the Keyboard Assassins. I really don’t understand all the cheap shots but it appears that most no how to handle their business so I’ll move on and try and stay on topic. I’m going on 63 and hunted all my life in just about every region of the state. Now I am an exclusive East Texas deer hunter. I’m fortunate to have a good lease just 15 minutes from my house. 2019 I took a 5 1/2 year old 10 point that scored 139. Last season I took a 5 1/2 year old main frame 10 with split brows that scores 151. As time goes by I’ll figure out how to pics and would love to share. I feed year round protein and corn. I trap most of the hogs when they become a nuisance and let rest get comfortable coming to the corn feeders in daylight and shoot them. I have never had hogs completely run deer out of my area. I run cameras all year round so I can pattern the hogs for shooting purposes. Not a fan of feed pens because one of our members put some up and several deer were hung by their back legs and died. As for my hog trap, I built a round pen with cattle panels and put a corn feeder in it and let it feed until they got comfortable going in and set the trigger. Would pretty well catch the whole group each time I set it maybe every 2 to 3 weeks apart. Planted 9 acres of cow peas this year that could of done better with less rain but the deer benefited from it nonetheless. My mature buck groups have been non existent this year for some reason. I’m assuming it’s because of all the good browse this year and they have not needed the protein as much as in the past. Well I guess I should call it quits for now and really look forward to interacting with you guys in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
                About to start getting set up on new lease on south end of Toledo Bend. Lots of work to do but can't wait for october
                Just two of us left now splitting 800 acres. A little costly but we like the breathing room and we don’t have to give up as many deer this way. It’s paying off with more bucks reaching prime age.

Comment

Man if any of you enthusiasts are looking for a side hustle I have to suggest selling hunting cabins. I posted mine for sale on facebook yesterday and the response has been overwhelming.

Comment

Man, I don't know why I keep overlooking this thread. Lots of good information on it.

This will be my second year on our place in Tyler County and I'm super excited. Good genetics in our area. My place is a nice mix of woods and pastureland, well-divided and broken up. It hunts a lot bigger than it is. I'm the only one that hunts it 90% of the time, but my Dad, sons-in-law, brother-in-law and buddy have a sit from time to time.

I feed corn/roasted soybean year round and fed protein from February thru September last year. Will probably feed protein year round from now own. I feed in big 75' diameter feed pens and only have a couple of feeders outside of pens for hogs. Have a nice mix of 18' double ladder stands, krivoman blinds and some nice box blinds for the kids.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. Seeing good bachelor groups on camera and lots of babies with their mommas. I haven't seen big boy yet, but I didn't see him last year until just before October so I have hope. A couple of real promising bucks, but no great pics of them. My camera situation has been frustrating, so I just replaced them all.

Comment

I may have been rude, I’ve been around Greenheadless on forums for close to 20 yrs. Didn’t mean to ruffle your and others feathers. But don’t judge a person’s class by two statements on a public forum.

he was painting with a broad brush. Some of the best places I’ve seen in E Texas do not run pens around feeders, kill incredible bucks and hogs aren’t an issue.
                      Right on

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Agreed, Like Bob Ross said.. Lets sprinkle a little yellow out on the horizon, Wow isn't that beautiful when a mess comes together..

Comment

I'm excited for this season. I had a bit of a late start on feeding and getting cameras back out this year. I can't wait to be back up in a tree with a bow in my hand.

Comment

Im super excited myself to get back to bow hunting after taking a year off. I been leasing this 563 acres from the paper company for 10 years and they just finished up the first thinning about a month ago. Its about 300 acres of pine and 260 acres of hardwood bottoms with a big creek. Im going this weekend to do some work and pull cards on 2 new spots I set up a month ago. This one I really like!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Im super excited myself to get back to bow hunting after taking a year off. I been leasing this 563 acres from the paper company for 10 years and they just finished up the first thinning about a month ago. Its about 300 acres of pine and 260 acres of hardwood bottoms with a big creek. Im going this weekend to do some work and pull cards on 2 new spots I set up a month ago. This one I really like!
                              Glad to see you are back at it Mike!

Comment

Hey Curt. Good info . I know you don’t know who this is but you and Jenny used to come to my restaurant when y’all come to the lake. It’s been awhile. Hope all is well.

Comment

Working...
                                X