Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.7” total in Sterling county since Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      70 mph winds in Sterling county Friday night. Quite a bit of damage in town. Hope you Sterling co guys had your blinds anchored down!

Believe me, I know! I left my camper and got in my truck it was rocking so hard. Wind was crazy!!

Comment

Enough rain talk...let's see some fuzz!
        Attached Files

Comment

The boys are putting on some serious body weight right now. They are continuing to crush the cotton seed as well.
          Attached Files

Comment

Any rain yesterday Smart, BPhillips????

Rwc

Comment

1/2” for us yesterday. Just enough to puddle

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                1/2” for us yesterday. Just enough to puddle

Appreciate it, that’s what farm log had also.

Rwc

Comment

Zero for us as usual.

Comment

Anybody know someone around San Angelo that does rattlesnake removal?

Plumber went out yesterday to do some plumbing repair under our camp house and saw a 4' rattlesnake crawl under the house. He won't go back out until we get that done.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                      The boys are putting on some serious body weight right now. They are continuing to crush the cotton seed as well.
                      Six days since this picture & we are officially empty. All of our remaining cottonseed stations will likely go dry within the next 7-10 days. Most of our middle-aged deer are already at about 60-70% growth already. A certain 4 year old 10 point just started throwing his G4's in the last couple of days.

Hoping we have enough to on hand to get them through July & August.
                      Last edited by ccallarman; 06-21-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Most of my bucks are hardly past the brow tines, but that seems to line up w/ the fawn and rut cycles on my place.

Our fawns start hitting ground around July 1st - bucks seem to be in velvet until the week before bow season.

The deer are eating alot of protein right now - we missed all the big rains so far this spring, so are still fairly dry.

This picture was 6/14 - both bucks are probably 5yo's if they are who I think they are.

I am adding another protein feeder this weekend. 3 going to 4.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Got cameras out - cotton seed baskets out and full - added in 2 feed stations to my new lease / first year on it and in Tom green Co.
                          I’ll be hunting the Lacy-Itz anyone near me?

Comment

Southern Sterling county got 1/2” rain north end got 2”. Somewhere in between in the middle. Going to green up good now.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                              Southern Sterling county got 1/2” rain north end got 2”. Somewhere in between in the middle. Going to green up good now.

Carlsbad got a good chunk early this morning, it sure has greened up since I first visited the area. But, the majority of it circled us just East and went up

Comment

Love the rain, just wish it would have held off a couple of days lol, oh well. Was going to try to head up Tuesday refill protein and corn feeders... but our place will probably be too muddy and slick if we get anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X