Who shoots Grizzlistick Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking at the 200 grain Massai but the 200 Samurai looks good too.

Just for pigs and deers.

I've got the Magnus Stingers but would like a stronger tip.....

Do you have any experience with either head?
    If so will you share?

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

You do you, but where has your set up failed to lean you toward a $30 a piece head.... for a pig?

Both mentioned will kill if shot into a vital organ

Both will wound if shot in non viral area

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      You do you, but where has your set up failed to lean you toward a $30 a piece head.... for a pig?

Both mentioned will kill if shot into a vital organ

Both will wound if shot in non viral area
      I agree

PM sent

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for You and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor, but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy.

Comment

I have the 200 Maasai overkill. Only complaint is they are kinda finicky at distance.

Have you tried the Magnus black hornet? I shoved one into the offside leg bone on a doe and it looks fine

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
          I have the 200 Maasai overkill. Only complaint is they are kinda finicky at distance.

Have you tried the Magnus black hornet? I shoved one into the offside leg bone on a doe and it looks fine
          What kind of distance?
          I try and stay inside 30 yards.

I have looked at the Black Hornet. Only ones I have seen have serrated blades. Not sure I like that. I've never sit one so I can't say if I do or don't. @ $40 for pack of 3 I'm not sure on way to try it out.

I'm leaning towards a single bevel broadhead

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            What kind of distance?
            I try and stay inside 30 yards.

I have looked at the Black Hornet. Only ones I have seen have serrated blades. Not sure I like that. I've never sit one so I can't say if I do or don't. @ $40 for pack of 3 I'm not sure on way to try it out.

I'm leaning towards a single bevel broadhead

30 is as far as I’ve shot them... they make a non serrated hornet as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I got the Overkill Samurai in 125, because I have 200 grain inserts. They fly like darts, and POI is right with my field points at 20 yards. It's been raining a lot so I haven't tried them at distance, but will as soon as it dries up.

I must add that I spent a good amount of time fine tuning my bow, and I believe that is why they fly so well. My broadheads are not indexed. One is perfectly vertical, one is at a 45 degree angle to the right, and one is almost perfectly horizontal, and they all fly the same.

I am going to go with a 200 grain B.H. with 125 grain inserts eventually. I've been looking at Cut Throat, and Abowyer Broadheads. You may want to look at them. Price point is about the same as the Grizzly Stiks.

Comment

Heck,I was thinking about going to the Cold Steel cheapies to shoot into pigs. I've had them disappear into thickets with my arrows and heads, that I didn't care to track them into.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpyfoot View Post
                  I got the Overkill Samurai in 125, because I have 200 grain inserts. They fly like darts, and POI is right with my field points at 20 yards. It's been raining a lot so I haven't tried them at distance, but will as soon as it dries up.

I must add that I spent a good amount of time fine tuning my bow, and I believe that is why they fly so well. My broadheads are not indexed. One is perfectly vertical, one is at a 45 degree angle to the right, and one is almost perfectly horizontal, and they all fly the same.

I am going to go with a 200 grain B.H. with 125 grain inserts eventually. I've been looking at Cut Throat, and Abowyer Broadheads. You may want to look at them. Price point is about the same as the Grizzly Stiks.

I have a pack of the cutthroats, so far I like them and doesn’t seem as finicky as the grizzly stick. They are a harder material than the Maasai, so they are a little bit harder for me to sharpen

Last edited by kd350; 01-22-2020, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                    I have a pack of the cutthroats, so far I like them and doesn’t seem as finicky as the grizzly stick. They are a harder material than the Maasai, so they are a little bit harder for me to sharpen

That’s good to know. I’ve been wondering about those.

Comment

I have shot the 150 Grain massai. After your bow is tuned they fly great. The price puts them out of reach for me now. I do have a half dozen cutthroats on the way though.

Comment

Not the same grizzlystick heads you are talking about but I have been using these for 2 seasons now and I really like them. I was a stinger fan but got tired of the tips rolling also.

Comment

Me.

Comment

i have been shooting the 175 solid iron wills and we have killed about 10 animals with them this year with incredible performance with 5 broken off shoulder bones and arm bones. barely need to be retouched. they are expensive but so are the grizzly stick heads. i would give them a look they make a 200 and a new wider head that i have not tried good luck. this is out of longbow and recurves with 530 grain carbon set up
                            Last edited by stickbow; 01-26-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

i have been using the iron will 175 solids the latter part of the year and we have killed about 10 deer with 5 broken off shoulders and some pass thrus on off shoulder with good results, barely need to touch up the heads if at all. very impressed out of traditional gear. they are spendy but so are the grizzly stick heads. they make a 200 and a wide that I have not tried good luck
                              Last edited by stickbow; 01-26-2020, 12:38 PM. Reason: duplicate

Comment

Working...
                              X