No announcement yet.

How long on processing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My processor runs one to two weeks depends on the load. LoanStar Smokehouse in Manville. Great place!

Comment

1 week here

Comment

I just waited 30 days at Prasek’s. Longest I have ever had to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          Well i was needing a cooler today, and when looking for mine it dawned on me i left it at the processors with my deer 18 days ago!!! So either it’s been done and i haven’t been called or I’ll be gettin someone else’s deer most likely lol....i usually get a call within a week, but i know everyone gets slammed this time of year 18 days is plenty right?
          They may have been back logged from all the processing from Christmas and New Years the week before you dropped yours off. A lot of people hunt those last two weeks of the season with family since most are usually out more during the holidays.

Comment

1-2 weeks. My question to you is......why are you leaving your ice chest? Typically the shop would bring processing crates out to put my meat in. I guess your place doesn't do that. Ice chests stack up quick and take up a ton of room. I'd be more concerned with how they were storing my meat after I dropped it off.

LOTB

Comment

7 to 10 days at Jackson's in crosby

Comment

I dropped one off at Taylor’s in Vidor on Dec 13. Here it is Jan 21 and I still
                Haven’t got it back. Nothing special done just ground meat and pan sausage.

Comment

Took 3 deer yesterday. Was told 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    Well i was needing a cooler today, and when looking for mine it dawned on me i left it at the processors with my deer 18 days ago!!! So either it’s been done and i haven’t been called or I’ll be gettin someone else’s deer most likely lol....i usually get a call within a week, but i know everyone gets slammed this time of year 18 days is plenty right?
                    Not sure who you are using, but I go to Flemings in Montgomery for 99% of our stuff. Besides deer season, they are usually 1-2 weeks. During deer season, I have seen them go to 4 weeks before.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                      I dropped one off at Taylor’s in Vidor on Dec 13. Here it is Jan 21 and I still
                      Haven’t got it back. Nothing special done just ground meat and pan sausage.
                      Well they must have read this post because about 2 hours after I posted this, they called and said it was ready! Lol

Comment

I don’t know how long it should take as I’ve never taken one to the processor. What I am trying to figure out is how does a grown man only have 1 ice chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogmess View Post
                          If they do it in under a week your not getting your meat back or they don’t take many in. There mixing your meat and just filling orders with the mixture.
                          I believe this.. I'm 100% done with processors..

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            I've never had mine take over 7 days.
                            Sounds reasonable...Mine stay on Ice 2/3 days then Me and Wife attack it total through with cut/grind/vacuum seal/freeze and clean up MESS in less than 3hours...

Did a 80# pig yesterday eve...about same time.

Of course were talking steaks/roast/ground meat......not sausage/jerky etc

Comment

If it takes longer than 4-7 days to get it done , Where has YOUR deer been for all that time ? I can see letting it hang a few days in the cooler , But let it hang for over 2 weeks That kinda worries me . Its ok to let beef age/hang for a week but not to sure about letting a deer hang for over 2 weeks . Thats why I I processes all my own kills . I know how my meat was cared for.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterSanders View Post
                                They charge me $5 tho, said they'd get the rest of their money from some worn out old ranger.
                                Had to laugh at this, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X