No announcement yet.

2019 Handgun Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've always had an interest in getting into hunting with a pistol. I've shot a few pigs and javelina over the year's with my 10mm but never had the confidence to use a pistol as my primary hunting method. I've been looking for 44, 454 or 460 for a while but have never came across the right deal. This thread definitely makes me want to get in gear and try to find one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m about to dabble in this a bit. I just dropped my 10mm off to get milled for a red dot sight should be ready in a few weeks. Who has had good success with the 10mm?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
        I’m about to dabble in this a bit. I just dropped my 10mm off to get milled for a red dot sight should be ready in a few weeks. Who has had good success with the 10mm?
        There is a thread from a few years ago.. where TBHr 150class killed a trophy level audad with a long slide glock 10mm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post

I’ve killed a couple of does and a bunch of pigs with my 10mm.

I normally use Underwood 200 grain XTP or 220 grain hard cast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            I’ve killed a couple of does and a bunch of pigs with my 10mm.

I normally use Underwood 200 grain XTP or 220 grain hard cast.

Nice Ive got some 180xtps to laid up and try out but I’ll be doing a bit of testing of different projectiles.

Comment

2019 Handgun Hunting Thread

This thread inspired me to finally give pistol hunting a real try. I’ve had other attempts before with pistols and set ups, but finally found a combo that works for me. Smith & Wesson 686 .357 Magnum, Vortex Venom and Sig 125 grain jacketed hollow points did the trick on this buck. To say I’m jazzed and hooked would be an understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another pic as the GS won’t let us non-VIPs upload more than one pic.

Comment

I have been wanting to try out my my carry gun on a deer for a few years. Christmas Eve I shot a nice doe with my Glock 19. 15 yards broadside with Hornady critical defense rounds. Bullet went through both lungs and out the other side. She ran 90 yards but had no problem tracking her down.
                  This was my first handgun kill. I am seriously considering getting a legitimate pistol to hunt with.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bull berry 6.5 creedmoor

Comment

Just a few of about 20 this year with the pistol.

Comment

Jboettiger/John316 - Congrats to you both on your first handgun kills! It's an awesome accomplishment and quite a rush. John316-make sure you post pics of whatever you end up with.

Cantexduck - congrats to you as well. 20 in one season is freaking awesome. Great pics too!

Comment

Finally got a buck with my stick bow, so this last weekend will be the .41 mags turn to try for a doe.

Comment

Nice! Good luck bowtecmike! And congrats on the stick bow kill.

Comment

Well this is cool. Got an article published in Texas Trophy Hunters magazine in the members section. It was about a buck I killed last year with a handgun.

Comment

I will be hunting this weekend with my Ruger super Blackhawk 30 carbine.

Comment

Working...
                                X