No announcement yet.

Age...Webb County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So hard to say anything about age on a buck this time of year.

That said, he has some signs of age in these pics. Heavily calloused knees, deep brisket, sits down in his hooves, has a pot belly and has facial features of a mature buck. Would like some good pics of him in a month to make a better guess, but I would lean towards post mature (7+).

You pics from last year definitely makes you wonder, but lots of really old bucks revert to looking like a 3-4 year old.

Comment

The one on the right needs a bullet!

Comment

Looks OLD to me.

Comment

Definitely mature.

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
            Yes...this was him(I think) last year and he looked 3 - 4.
            Doesn't look 3 or 4 in that pic, not with that profound brisket. Just my take. I would say minimum 5/6 last year, which would put him 6/7 this year.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
              Doesn't look 3 or 4 in that pic, not with that profound brisket. Just my take. I would say minimum 5/6 last year, which would put him 6/7 this year.

Thanks...he just looked 4 ish next to other 5s last year...looking through other pics...thinking he may be a different deer?

Comment

He’s got a beer gut like my old but! Good luck

Comment

Deer horns are similar but body is no where close. How sure are you that it is the same deer? he looks to be 7 1/2 easily.

Comment

Deer in question this year is definitely mature, 6+ with that brisket and those worn fronts.

Comment

Very old

Comment

Mature 6.5-7

Comment

8 plus

Comment

First deer is Old..I'm with James 8 plus.

Comment

Looks old (7-8) and looks to be same deer from last year, but the fork on his right side is on G2 last year and G3 this year, not completely sure how deer antlers work but noticed that and that the brow tines look a bit different. last year buck not straight, this years straight. Again not sure how antlers growth works year to year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post

exactly,that deer doesn't look a day under 7.5 in that pic to me. He is already on the decline body wise and I'm guessing range conditions were tough when that pic was taken. He looks worn out this yr also just heavier like he has changed his diet.

Comment

Working...
                                X