No announcement yet.

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly enjoy your pics and updates Bill as others have posted throughout this thread, BUT... Sure am glad you can't post the "cold" to go with those pics!! Brrrrrrr!! You do however have that million dollar view right now from your back patio! Congratulations on what seems to be a GREAT retirement move for you and your bride!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics Bill. Views are awesome, you can have the -degree temps.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Bill. I was a little chilled until I saw your pictures of outside. Warmed me right up.

Comment

It’s only cold if you have to go outside.

Except to the wood rack next to the front door. Central forced hot air (propane tank) is our ‘backup’ to burning wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Warm sunny weather, went for a walk with the dog on the cross valley irrigation ditch/canal. Named the Vigilante ditch after the miners who organized and tried/ hung 22 bad guys 1863-64. Two were hung a mile below us.

I figured out the 2 1860s stagecoach roads from the Missouri River up north to the gold mining ran right next to our property. The history here is wild.

There’s a storm brewin’ over the Tobacco Roots.

Comment

Enjoy this thread. Thanks

Comment

Beautiful pic Bill.

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

We were in Bozeman today and took a drive past where we rented.

….. yes, the elk herd is still there. Driving past we saw 100+ elk. Many more were bedded in the pine trees on the left. That’s the northern edge of the Gallatin mountains behind.

…. no, the land owner does not allow any hunting on the property. The elk know it, too.

Comment

Black Cows Matter!

Comment

We may make it up there this year, Bill. We have a wedding to attend in Jackson Hole in August.

Comment

Close the door...

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          We may make it up there this year, Bill. We have a wedding to attend in Jackson Hole in August.

It would be great to meet!

Comment

Beautiful country Bill, always enjoy your pics of this area.

Comment

Beautiful country Bill. Thanks for posting.

Comment

I’ve gotten into the local history and one thing I’m good at using old Government Land Office 1870 survey maps (available online), maps and OnX Hunt is understanding where the old trails were.

On the 160 acres of county land bext to us, this double track used for ranching was the stage coach road from Helena and the Missouri River in northern Montana to the Alder Gulch gold mining.

I found sections of the current dirt road that still have next to it the ruts from stagecoaches and buckboards in the ground!

Comment

Working...
                                X