Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Bowl Season (For Most)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RLB View Post
    LOL...Wrong. The Aggies couldn't care less what the Big12 does in it's bowl games, irrelevant to us. I'd like to see OU beat the snot out of PAC12, OSU beat ND, KSU to thump LSU, Bama to beat Cinci (given), and I honestly don't care who wins in the GA v Mich game.

I figured you'd be gittin all jazzed up ready to watch those HAWGS play Penn State in their bowl game, since your UNT Mean Green didn't make .500, but did finish higher than your "other" team.

No ones a bigger jock rider of bama than ags, it’s pathetic [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      LOL! There’s not a rolleye emoji big enough for this gem of a take! Discussion forum and Twitter fodder over the last week solidly indicate otherwise.

Maybe you can help settle some arguments. Is Jason Smart “Texas?” Birddog? Gekko? Lance Odom?

Is Kyle Umlang “Texas”? What about Mike Roach? Mike Farrell?

Has anybody that is “Texas” actually posted or tweeted about anything involving Texas since ESD (and even then I think there was more discussion about whether the Ags could retain their class in the Transfer Portal era than there was about how solid Texas’ own class was.

I am answering for me personally, as I have no control what others think. I cringe at a lot of the takes on here by Texas fans.

What I mean is there is an idea that it matters to Texas what other schools do (recruiting, wins / losses, hiring, etc.). I personally feel that Texas only needs to worry about Texas because of they get their house in order it does not matter what other schools do around them. It doesn't matter if A&M has the #1 recruiting class , as my thoughts are about what the Texas class did. I don't need to something to happen at a school so I feel better about my school.

I have had this take a long time, that Texas cares about Texas. If Texas takes care of what it needs to do, then none of the other stuff matters. A lot of Aggies (mostly) can not post anything without including something about Texas in the post. A&M needs Texas. A&M needs to compare, so there is value that they belong in the same group. Texas does not need A&M. Texas can stand alone and does not need another schools failure to prop them up. That is my take. As long as Texas can get their house in order (and it has not been in order for a decade) they will be just fine and they don't need the help of another school to justify what is going on within their own program.

Comment

I deleted my post, but obviously not soon enough. I will simply say “you’re wrong.”

The incessant regurgitation of the same fodder from all predominant fan bases has me frustrated. The same few, repeating the same thing, day after day, season after season, year after year. I’m not sure most that post here can come up with an original take.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
          No ones a bigger jock rider of bama than ags, it’s pathetic [emoji1787]

No one is more prepared to compete with Bama than the Ags are with Jimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
            No one is more prepared to compete with Bama than the Ags are with Jimbo.

Yup i agree, y’all will be in the championship next year no doubt

Comment

Thanks for your support. When Bama runs through Cinci and Georgia again don’t forget who punched them in the mouth this season. We comin! [emoji23]

Comment

Delivering all those Xmas packages has put a little too much stress on your brain.

Comment

I deleted my post, but obviously not soon enough. I will simply say “you’re wrong.”

The incessant regurgitation of the same fodder from all predominant fan bases has me frustrated. The same few, repeating the same thing, day after day, season after season, year after year. I’m not sure most that post here can come up with an original take.

That is fine you think I am wrong, but that is my opinion on Texas and always has been. Texas can stand alone and doesn't need other schools to be down or have issues to have its own success. If Texas is winning, it doesn't matter what other schools around them are doing, they are Texas.

And I wholeheartedly agree with the last part.
                  Last edited by Heath; 12-30-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Hence the reason some post less. Jabs here and there are part of the fun, but folks go full throttle around here with the lunacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Delivering all those Xmas packages has put a little too much stress on your brain.

There’s clearly no way to talk sense into these guys, these aren’t rational humans I’ve never seen anything like it.

Comment

I have always said that it wouldn't bother me for A&M to do well. It shouldn't affect Texas as there is more than enough talent in the state for both to be good at the same time. It has not happened yet in my lifetime.

I didn't say much about the #1 recruiting class...good, bad or indifferent. All I said was that Texas would be fine and did pretty good as well with the #5 class.

I am guilty of poking fun at TBH Aggy and I may or may not drag an occasional chunk of mullet through the waters from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 12-30-2021, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          Hence the reason some post less. Jabs here and there are part of the fun, but folks go full throttle around here with the lunacy.

Yep.

“I support a smack free CFB discussion.”

- Legdog

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            I am answering for me personally, as I have no control what others think. I cringe at a lot of the takes on here by Texas fans.

What I mean is there is an idea that it matters to Texas what other schools do (recruiting, wins / losses, hiring, etc.). I personally feel that Texas only needs to worry about Texas because of they get their house in order it does not matter what other schools do around them. It doesn't matter if A&M has the #1 recruiting class , as my thoughts are about what the Texas class did. I don't need to something to happen at a school so I feel better about my school.

I have had this take a long time, that Texas cares about Texas. If Texas takes care of what it needs to do, then none of the other stuff matters. A lot of Aggies (mostly) can not post anything without including something about Texas in the post. A&M needs Texas. A&M needs to compare, so there is value that they belong in the same group. Texas does not need A&M. Texas can stand alone and does not need another schools failure to prop them up. That is my take. As long as Texas can get their house in order (and it has not been in order for a decade) they will be just fine and they don't need the help of another school to justify what is going on within their own program.

Texas culture true to form, “A&M needs Texas”

Comment

Yep.

“I support a smack free CFB discussion.”

- Legdog

Will never have that with same few blowhards that eye this thread 24/7. And there is some from every fan base!! It becomes nauseous!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                                Texas culture true to form, “A&M needs Texas”

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X