Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ewers will end up at Tech, he’s there now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Panthers fired Joe Brady

Comment

2021 College Football - Championship Week

Let the dominoes start to fall. I love this time of year.

I’m bummed the Patrick Toney is going to Florida with Napier instead of to Tech with Joey.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Panthers fired Joe Brady

Does he try to go back to LSU and create that magic or will the expectations of trying to recreate that magical year be to much?

Comment

As long as it's not for "bad character" reasons, I'd love for Baylor to take all the LSU, Bama, and Georgia transfers they can get as long as they're willing to work.

Give Aranda 85 guys with the equivalent skills position wise as Siaki "Apu" Ika, who transferred from LSU this season and was chosen as the Big 12 Defensive Newcomer, and Aranda will give regular conference championships. Ika was a HUGE part of the turnaround as was Jeff Grimes and Eric Mateos. Grimes is the coach I'm most worried about getting hired away.

As for Baylor's final CFP ranking I'm indifferent to slightly pleased. If a team is not in the top 4, it's irrelevant. I think Ole Miss will come in highly motivated and hopefully Baylor will get up for the game. Both teams should be hungry.

From what I've read, Baylor's last major bowl victory was in 1957 against the #2 ranked Vols. Baylor has plenty to play for.

One last thought, I wouldn't blame any TCU fans for being a little happy for perhaps causing Baylor to miss out on the CFP. As far as I'm concerned, TCU owns Baylor's nuts this year, again. Not sure an 11-1 Baylor would have made it, assuming the 1 loss was to OSU, but the loss to TCU made it virtually impossible. Nothing but props and respect for what the Frogs did.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              Let the dominoes start to fall. I love this time of year.

I’m bummed the Patrick Toney is going to Florida with Napier instead of to Tech with Joey.
              It's not fun for some of us. Still holding my breath on Aranda and even more so on Grimes.

I suspect Aranda knows he has a great opportunity at Baylor with OU and UT leaving. He'll be paid well, is greatly appreciated and respected and has an easier path to the playoffs than being in the SEC or BIG10.

I could see where Grimes might be offered a nice G5 head coaching job, and if that were to happen, he should take it if he wants to advance his status.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                Ewers will end up at Tech, he’s there now.

If he's willing to put in the work, it looks like a great opportunity. Kind of wish he'd go to another conference, though.

Other than OU, it would be hard to argue that any other school besides Tech is QBU over the last 20 years or so. Not sure how many QBs they've put in the League but it's been a bunch. Mahomes is the most prominent but there are several others.
                Last edited by DaBears; 12-05-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                  Sec. Sec. Sec.
                  I don't know if you were serious or just pushing buttons (or both) but it cracked me up, regardless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears View Post
                      If he's willing to put in the work, it looks like a great opportunity. Kind of wish he'd go to another conference, though.

Other than OU, it would be hard to argue that any other school besides Tech is QBU over the last 20 years or so. Not sure how many QBs they've put in the League but it's been a bunch. Mahomes is the most prominent but there are several others.

I’m not sure how many instate options he has. I don’t think Sark is in hot pursuit, as mentioned previously I didn’t think he’d rock the boat with Maalik Murphy coming in.

He’s headed to his state title game.

Last edited by Chad C; 12-05-2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Oklahoma State versus Notre Dame in the Fiesta

tOSU versus Utah for the Roses

Baylor versus Ole Miss for some Sugar

Michigan versus Georgia in the Orange

Bama versus Cincy in the Cotton
                        Last edited by Chad C; 12-05-2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Ragin’ Cajuns at #23

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                            Does he try to go back to LSU and create that magic or will the expectations of trying to recreate that magical year be to much?
                            Burreaux is no longer at LSU to make him look good. Plus, he shot his mouth off about how he does not like recruiting.

Hard pass.

Comment

If Ewers has learned some humility and is willing to work, I'd happily take him at Baylor. Likewise, I'd take Brennan as well. Never can have too many talented QB's as far as I'm concerned. Baylor may be down to number 3 depending on what happened to Shapen's shoulder yesterday and whether Bohannen's hamstring will heal in time for the bowl game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Burreaux is no longer at LSU to make him look good. Plus, he shot his mouth off about how he does not like recruiting.

Hard pass.

Do any of the coaches really like recruiting 18 year old kids? I hope the Aggies can find a spot for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X