1/2 person Auger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1/2 person Auger?

Looking at Harbor Freight, Lowes and HD. Harboe Freight is $50 cheaper than HD or Lowes. Waht says the GS.

Got to put some 6' chain link fencing around my wife's garden or the deer will destroy it!

Amazing deals on this Gas Powered Earth Auger 50:1 at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Shop undefined 43-cc 1-man Auger Powerhead with 8-in Bit(s) Included in the Auger Powerheads department at Lowe's.com. Powerful and durable.

or battery augers at Home Depot. Our little hill is very, very rocky!

Give it a shot buddy... It should have a 1 year warranty so tear it up but I would have a rock bar to help aswell.. If you need to break some out of the way..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Looking at Harbor Freight, Lowes and HD. Harboe Freight is $50 cheaper than HD or Lowes. Waht says the GS.

Got to put some 6' chain link fencing around my wife's garden or the deer will destroy it!

Amazing deals on this Gas Powered Earth Auger 50:1 at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

Shop undefined 43-cc 1-man Auger Powerhead with 8-in Bit(s) Included in the Auger Powerheads department at Lowe's.com. Powerful and durable.

or battery augers at Home Depot. Our little hill is very, very rocky!
      Thought you have a mini tractor?

Comment

Originally posted by Mace View Post
        Give it a shot buddy... It should have a 1 year warranty so tear it up but I would have a rock bar to help aswell.. If you need to break some out of the way..

I believe you pay for the warranty though

Comment

Predator motors hold up decent.

Comment

Six feet won’t keep deer out if they want in bad enough. Go electric. Cheaper and much easier.

Comment

I have the HF post hole digger and it works great! It comes with a 6” auger and you can get get an 8”. I live in Corpus and the black clay gets pretty hard. I have used it for at least 100 post holes between my house and the ranch. I use true fuel 50:1
              its by far the best money i have spent and it is a true 1 man digger.

Comment

Brother in law has one from harbor freight. We had dug a bunch of holes with it. Put in a pier at the lake for a pier with lots of rocks. It will dig!!

Comment

Unless you have other needs for an auger like that I would contact the rental places and rent one for the weekend

Comment

T post, believe me they work great for any kind of metal fencing. Even with chain link, the line post caps fit right on the T post. You can get them in galvanized also. Just saying....cC

Comment

Have one from Lowe's. Not a bad little machine

Comment

You’re gonna have an even tougher time trying to find a half person to operate it.[emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          You’re gonna have an even tougher time trying to find a half person to operate it.[emoji6]

Hey Curt, don't be pick-n on us short people. We have a coalition. Just ask texastaxi.

OP, I have the one like Lowes has. "Earthquake" is the name brand. And been around a pretty good while. They are also sold by Notherntool. And many other outlets. You can find them used too. A lot of folks buy one for a "one job and done" deal. So there are lots floating around out there. You can also get a 6" or 8" auger for them. Check out Earthquake's web sight. Mine's about 30 years old and still runs like a top. And have used it many times. Just a warning, get some good ear protection! They are loud!

Edit: The 6" auger also works great for 4x4s. Caleche is tough to penetrate. But sandy loam is quick to put a hole in.
                          Last edited by Texas Grown; 04-11-2021, 12:14 PM.

Comment

They are all the same, unless it has a Honda engine,.
                            I have several in rotation, they just cycle from the field to repair shop, to the field, back to repair shop.
                            Parts vibrate loose, carburetors get out whack, junk plastic fuel lines split, etc...
                            I have 2 earthquakes, a couple HB ones, and a couple no names, and won't a 1 of em make any longer than the next one.
                            Turning 6" bits 100% of the time.
                            You can burn 2 up in a day, trying to turn 1, 4ft hole in caliche or iron ore.
                            I would rent a Little Beaver personally.
                            You said it's rocky, so by the time you've hung a few dozen rocks and had your arms twisted into a figure 8, you'll wish you had .

Comment

Lol!

Originally posted by curtintex View Post

Man,that was my first thought!

Comment

Working...
                              X