Tpost driver to the noggin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
    I have seen it happen. Have never seen EMS called. . . but have seen it happen. :-)
    Well I certainly didn't want to call them but he was pale white and close to passing out. Lost a good bit of blood. EMS was 15 minutes out, nearest hospital 40 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
      Been there done that! Next thing I knew I was on one knee with blood streaming down my face. Lol. Showed me Karma is a *****! Probably a week before I watched my dad do it and after I made sure he was ok I laughed my butt off. Asked him how did he manage to do that?! Well I found out. No stitches and went back to driving posts after a cold beer.

Ive learned to never ask “how the heck did you do that?” Because I tend to find the answer the hard way. About like you, my buddy did it, I asked how, next weekend I found out. Split me, but no stitches. Hurt like heck though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never have. And I’ve probably built more fence than most on here.

Comment

Haven't yet, and my neighbor has a 2-man driver. Drop that on your head/foot and it will be an EMS call for sure.

Comment

Never have done it myself but saw it happen to someone else. Those who have done it how tall are you? The person I saw do it was about 5'8". He was really going high to get a good hit. For me I'm 6'3" so I don't put it as much over my head as he did.

Comment

Smoked my forehead this summer. My reaction was to throw it and almost hit my truck with it. [emoji2357]

I’m shocked I didn’t split my head open. The 100 degree temps didn’t help.

Comment

Drove up on a friend laying by his feeder, face covered in blood. I thought he was dead but he just knocked himself out and split his scalp. Best to not use a T post driver by yourself in remote country. At least the buzzards hadn’t got to him yet. Came close to getting myself a few times.

Comment

Pulled a Jeep tow bar into my head once. Went to grab it to rock the Jeep back and forth to lock in the 4wd. Someone took my cotter pin out that locked it in place. Saw stars for sure.

Comment

My T post driving days are over.................Never did it......
                    My "tennis" elbow, won't allow such injuries..............

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
                      Ive done it - day before Hurricane Ike came ashore.

You only do it once, then you learn to slow down a little.

Yes sir, only took me once and then slow the heck down and Watch that dang post. Bang, lights butt in the dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m guilty. Knocked myself out in HS and got 5 staples. Did it on a Thursday before Friday football game. Didn’t tell any coaches and wore a hat until right before I put my helmet on. Had blood running down my back and in my eyes all game. Back in early 90’s before everyone was crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ll probably jinx myself. But how do you hit yourself with the tpost driver? Getting in on the post or actually driving the post?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                            Never have done it myself but saw it happen to someone else. Those who have done it how tall are you? The person I saw do it was about 5'8". He was really going high to get a good hit. For me I'm 6'3" so I don't put it as much over my head as he did.
                            I’m 6’3”. I cannot remember what length tpost I was driving though.

Comment

I've been shot, stabbed, and set on fire. I've had knee surgury, gall bladder out, and appendix burst. 3 broken ribs, broken left wrist, and 8 teeth pulled. On top of that I had a liver transplant. Been nocked out 7 times (that I can remember).

But no, I've never actually been wacked by a T-post driver!

Comment

Saw it happen. In fact we had a set up known as the “head-knocker feeder” for that very reason. The tpost driver drove that button on the top of his ball cap deep into his scalp and he was out cold for a couple minutes

Comment

Working...
                                X