Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Covid- if you had it, how did you get over it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay hydrated and well-rested. If you have any trouble breathing get medical attention immediately. Took me about 3.5 weeks to return to normal. I felt bad the first few days and then just felt tired, but all I needed as some Advil and Sudafed.

LWD

Comment

my wife is a nurse, works the covid floor and she got it. I got her a Trump cocktail with Z pack and Zinc. She waited a few days to start, then took it. She was in bed with a temp for 7 days.

I knew I would get it so as soon as I started feeling bad I took the meds. I was in bed with temp for 3 days, took 30 days to feel 100% again on stamina.

Take the Trump cocktail.

Comment

I’ve read info from a man who spends a lot of time researching health related subjects. According to various sources, it has been suggested to take vitamins C and D in healthy amounts before catching this virus as well as during and after getting sick. One or more studies suggested that sunlight seems to help the body’s ability to fight it.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
          my wife is a nurse, works the covid floor and she got it. I got her a Trump cocktail with Z pack and Zinc. She waited a few days to start, then took it. She was in bed with a temp for 7 days.

I knew I would get it so as soon as I started feeling bad I took the meds. I was in bed with temp for 3 days, took 30 days to feel 100% again on stamina.

Take the Trump cocktail.

Please explain the "Trump Cocktail". Thanks.

Comment

I had fever for 2 days headache for several days. I drank the tonic water with bitters in it . Was harder on my wife . She lost smell , fever for a few days . Coughing still and she had it in July . She was in bed a day or two . Nephew and his girlfriend had it mild . It killed my mother in law .

Comment

Last edited by Lightning48; 11-22-2020, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Comment

Vitamin C and D along with zinc. Elderberry won’t hurt. Plenty of water

Comment

Here is what I know per doctors on base and the VA:

Quercetin and/or some form of Quinine coupled with Zinc helps reduced viral replication because the two allow zinc into the cell. There is no exact dosage because they have no clue how little of the two chemicals is needed to allow the zinc to work.

ZPack while an antibiotic does have an antiviral component.

Cytokine storm is the dangerous part and it can be mitigated with cimetidine (pepcidAC) and melatonin over the counter, prescription steroids otherwise. Famotidine (tagament) instead of pepcidac but not both together. You can take the melatonin with the antiacid.

Vitamin C, A, D3

A baby aspirin per day while you have it to reduce any clots

Whatever cold medicine you like

Plasma

The Trump antibody miracle

Remdesivir

Other stuff doctors have in the pipe too

I also heard from a witch doctor the orange agent (berberine) in agarita is an antiviral

A blog is about the wild edible and medicinal plants of Texas and North America. It is run by chemist herbalist Dr. Mark Merriwether Vorderbruggen.

I also heard from a doctor that said elderberry can ramp up the immune system in some making cytokine storm worse.
                    Last edited by Johnny44; 11-22-2020, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Been cooped up for two weeks with it. Hunted 11 miles in the mountains with my son today. That helped, just wish I could hear out of my right ear. Made my balance all kinds of messed up. I’ll go for a run tomorrow, that’ll help clear out my lungs. I only had the chills, headaches, and hard time breathing. I’m glad I didn’t lose my smell or taste sensations. I did test positive, and luckily my quarantine is over. Still working from home, my labs love that.

Comment

The wife and I are both 52 and overweight. She has had breast cancer and taking Tamoxifen daily since 2011. She is a HS teacher, picked it up at school and brought it home to me in September. She started with a fever and tickle in her throat on a Saturday, then fever that night. We both started checking temps 3-4 times a day and both of us had 100ish fever. She started feeling bad on Monday afternoon so I went and got tested since I was out and about, went to an ER clinic doing rapid tests, no symptoms, no fever on their thermometer but I was positive and O2 level was 96-97. ER Dr said alternate taking 500mg tylenol and 1200mg ibuprophen every 3 hours and get a pulse/ex meter to monitor 02 levels. She had me walk the parking lot for 7 minutes to try and get my O2 level to fall but it never did. She said once it got to mid 80's they'd admit me to the hospital. I told her I was not going to an ER and would be taking HCL, she then told me whatever Dr was prescribing it was a quack and not to listen to them. I said I will take my chances.

Luckily, one of my best friends is a Dr (he does not do rapid Covid Testing) and he prescribed the Hydroxychloroquine that I took for 4 days. I had no symptoms after that, other than fever on my thermometer.

The wife on the other hand was tested the next day, at a different facility, felt horrible, fever of 102, chest congestion and tested negative. They told her she had it and gave her all the meds aside from HCL. Zpack, cough meds, breathing treatments were given. Our Dr got her some Dulera and that was the game changer, it made all the difference.

She felt really bad on days 1-2, day 3 was better, day 4 felt fantastic and Day 5 was horrible. She was good on days 6-8 and Day 9 was the worst day. She had a hard time taking a deep breath and in the evening, she was struggling to get a full breath for about 5 minutes and then she was ok. Almost like she was hyperventilating. Days 11-13 were way better and no symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                          I’ve read info from a man who spends a lot of time researching health related subjects. According to various sources, it has been suggested to take vitamins C and D in healthy amounts before catching this virus as well as during and after getting sick. One or more studies suggested that sunlight seems to help the body’s ability to fight it.
                          Yep, take 25-50mg of zinc, 10,000 IU's of D3 (not D) and 1,500-2,500mg of vitamin c daily as a preventative.. All are exceptional for boosting your immune system. I do this daily.

Now if you get sick, you up dosage of zinc to 75mg for 4 to 5 days straight.

And agreed on the sunlight...natural D3.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had diarrhea for 2 weeks. Worst part. I mean screaming diarrhea. Lots of fluids.
                            headache first 2-3 days.

Days 2-5 body aches. Hips killed me.

Last 7 days I had a low grade fever and chills starting at 7pm like clockwork. No fever when I woke up.

Took a Z pack. 4 days of Hydroxychloroquine because I had some. Zinc, vitamin D and C. Tylenol

I was very fatigued during and about 2 weeks after but I had insomnia at night. NyQuil saved me.

Comment

I had it in August. In regards to symptoms, only had vague ones that included fever, aches, and stomach issues, along with loss of smell and altered taste. That went for about 5-7 days. But I truly feel like I've had some effects that have continued since, including stomach issues, mood changes, lack of energy, etc...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I basically had about 8hours of body aches and fatigue, 48 hours of fever, then about 72 hours of loss of taste/smell as well as slight cough(which Z-pack knocked out quick) and then it was gone. By the time I got my test and received results I basically felt fine. The only way I knew I had it was the loss of smell/taste. I don't really notice any lingering effects of it.

I took zinc, quinine water, vitamin D.

My wife was the same pretty much as I was. She's had lingering loss of taste/smell.

My 3 month old at the time had runny stool once or twice(We didn't test her to confirm she had it)

Comment

Working...
                                X