• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
    You have big hands.

That's because he's a big ol boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
      For comparison. .45 Raptor vs .44 mag (my favorite caliber)

Goodness gracious, that’s some kinda round.

Comment

nice. i built one on a remington 700

Comment

I also took a doe with 45 Raptor. This is the entrance wound. I just couldn't get it to feed anything reliably other than 225gr FTX.

Comment

Originally posted by blaqkpanda View Post
            I also took a doe with 45 Raptor. This is the entrance wound. I just couldn't get it to feed anything reliably other than 225gr FTX.

What mags did you run? Did you modify your mags yourself? Did you reload for it? If so, did you taper or roll crimp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
              What mags did you run? Did you modify your mags yourself? Did you reload for it? If so, did you taper or roll crimp?

I tried the Medesha mags and they wouldn't feed at all. so I modified a Pmag and it only ran the 225 FTX's. I do reload for it. I taper crimp with a Hornady taper crimp die but I bet you could get away with a very slight roll crimp.

Comment

Originally posted by blaqkpanda View Post
                I tried the Medesha mags and they wouldn't feed at all. so I modified a Pmag and it only ran the 225 FTX's. I do reload for it. I taper crimp with a Hornady taper crimp die but I bet you could get away with a very slight roll crimp.

I’m concerned about the headspacing. I believe they head space off the case. I talked to Arne and he said to barely taper the mouth to about .001” smaller than the mouth before expanding.

What load data you use? I got a Medesha 10 rd mag. Talked to that guy too and he said the 20 rd mags can have issues feeding.

Just got my mag. Hope it works out.

Comment

Yeah, they do headspace off of the case mouth like a 45 Auto. My AR liked 42.0gr of IMR 4227 and seated to the cannelure. you could certainly shoot them hotter. I've loaded 240gr XTP's at 42.0 with no signs of pressure. I've also done the 300 XTP Mags up to 39.0gr IMR 4227 and the bolt was sticky. So I think 38.5 is about max on those. I'm getting ~1850 fps with a 16" barrel with them.

Comment

Right now, I’ve got a few loaded with 40 grs of 4227. I’m running an 18” barrel on mine. I’ll try a couple with 38 grs starting load of H110. Right now, I’m loading 240 gr XTP’s. I have a box of 240 gr Sierra JHP’s I’ll try.

I saw Barnes has a 200 and 275 gr XBP for the .460 that might feed better. It actually has a longer, rifle-like ogive that might feed better.

Comment

I guess my photos didn't show up from my previous posts. stupid Google image hosting...Anyway, here you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X