No announcement yet.

Mini stroke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get her arteries checked for blockage ASAP. My dad has had five tias/strokes since Father’s Day two years ago. His corated sp? Artery was 100% blocked. If they would’ve caught it sooner they could’ve put a stint in or tried cleaning it out. And he’s lucky that the blood has found its own way back to brain. So from now on he’s on super strong blood thinners and hopes that more plaque doesn’t break off and go back to brain to cause another

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
      Yes, however, my doc rediagnosed my episode as a type of migraine called a complex or complicated migraine. I had the exact symptoms of a TIA, except followed by the only migraine I have ever had. The headache and extreme light sensitivity lasted 6 days.

I was 41 when I had my episode. Best way to describe it was my brain went coo-coo for about ten minutes. Of all the things to forget, I couldn’t remember my wife’s name. What’s crazy, is I could have driven to the lease and gone hunting no problem. But my lovely brides name was absolutely gone.

BTW, the source of my episode was stress. Y’all might consider that angle. The good news is, when you kick out the stress, no more episodes.
      This same thing happens to my wife, she loses all perifial vision and has slurred speech. Pretty scary stuff. Her headache normally only last 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
        Wife had an episode last night that scared us both and ended up in the emergency room. They are still running tests but so far the neurologist says he thinks it was a mini stroke. Just worried we may never know the real issue or what caused it. Anyone have any experience with a mini stroke? She is mid 40s and in good shape.
        I'll be sure to pray for you guys. Its a scary situation.

My mother just had an incident in August 2018. Shes 56 and in relatively good health besides being a smoker for 30 years. She leaned over to tell my little sister who lives there goodnight and felt a pain in her head like a headache. She instantly got dizzy and hit the floor and quit breathing. My sister did chest compressions for 9 minutes until the EMS showed up. Then the hospital couldn't treat her so they lifelight her to another hospital in Lafayette. Turns out an aneurysm ruptured in her brain and bled out causing a stroke.
        The amazing part is the odds she beat to live through it.
        My sister was the only one home when it happened. If she was not there, the outcome for sure would have been death.
        Doctors told us that 7 out of 10 of these types of strokes, the patient does not even make it to the hospital (much less two hospitals in one night). And of the 3 that do, 2 never walk out. She ended up going through a long procedure packing the aneurysm with titanium coils to clot it and stop the bleeding.
        Add on top, there are no lasting effects besides the temporary short term memory loss for a few months and a blood clot that showed up in her right eye causing blurry vision. Since then, her memory has come back, has no speech impediments or facial sag, and the blood clot is clearing up.
        God takes care of his children and Mom is a living testament to His love.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech Lefty View Post
          Yes that is a transesophageal echocardiogram. They should be able to rule out PFO with that. Sending prayers for your wife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
          Thanks again for all the info....no PFO was found. Waiting to find out next steps and see if they order any more tests.

Comment

Praying

Comment

Thanks for all the prayers.....just got her home. Final answer was she had a TIA but not sure why or what caused it. Doc put her on daily aspirin, blood thinner, and cholesterol reducer. Was a very scary deal watching your spouse not be able to speak and not understand and unable to articulate what's happening. Thanks again

Comment

TIA's can be telling you you're about to have a full blown stroke. My brother had a TIA stroke about 18 years ago at the age of 50. Went numb on one side of his body. Went to the ER and got hooked up to the IV's etc. Feeling came back but a little later , while still hooked up, he had the big one. Always go to the ER would be my recommendation. It saved his life IMO. His was all blood pressure related.

Comment

Working...
                X