281 North out of San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

281 North out of San Antonio

Anyone have an idea when everything north of the loop will be freeway? They are certainly breaking ground on road construction. I’m just curious when it’s projected to be finished.

Probably around the end of time!!!!! It is a freaking disaster going that way anytime of the day.

Comment

Are you new to earth? Road construction of this magnitude will never be done.

If I had to guess though maybe 2067

Comment

Hope they finish I-10 north first!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sort of like the "3 lanes each way between SA and Houston" -- holding my breath as the I-10 corridor is going to be awful, much like it is today between Loop 410 and 1604 east of SA.

Comment

The US 281 North project begins at the Loop 1604 interchange with four new direct connector ramps from the Loop 1604 freeway lanes to the US 281 freeway lane...
            Last edited by EliteZ28Bow; 03-14-2019, 01:58 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

Phase 1 (south of Evans) completion date end 2020.
              Phase 2 (Evans to Comal county line) completion date end 2022

Comment

Probably just in time for the population to outrun it and need doing again.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                  Every time.

Comment

I was at a TXDOT meeting where they said 2012 was the best it will ever be and they will never catch up from here

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                      Ain’t that the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                        Sort of like the "3 lanes each way between SA and Houston" -- holding my breath as the I-10 corridor is going to be awful, much like it is today between Loop 410 and 1604 east of SA.
                        Trying to get on I10 between 1604 and Seguin is dangerous as hell. The on ramps are so short that you end up in the breakdown lane trying to get on, and aint no one giving up any space for you.

I could never imagine living on the north side of San Antonio. That is nuts up there.
                        Last edited by Radar; 03-14-2019, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                          Trying to get on I10 between 1604 and Seguin is dangerous as hell. The on ramps are so short that you end up in the breakdown lane trying to get on, and aint no one giving up any space for you.

I could never imagine living on the north side of San Antonio. That is nuts up there.

I drove 53 footers delivering dollar general goods for Werner. The DC was on Foster Rd. Yea, it was fun merging on I-10 when you can barely catch any speed with that short of a ramp and 40K lbs in the trailer. Talk about a white knuckle ride

Comment

Originally posted by turbowhunter View Post
                            I was at a TXDOT meeting where they said 2012 was the best it will ever be and they will never catch up from here
                            My spidy sense knew this to be true years ago. Too many dang people! We must now look to the inner earth for human travel, subterranean we must be...

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                              I drove 53 footers delivering dollar general goods for Werner. The DC was on Foster Rd. Yea, it was fun merging on I-10 when you can barely catch any speed with that short of a ramp and 40K lbs in the trailer. Talk about a white knuckle ride

HEB is building huge warehouses across from Dollar General DC on Foster right now.

I got 5 years left traveling into San Antones' east side. Wears me out in a single axle, could not imagine a tandem or tractor trailer.

Comment

Working...
                              X