Denied beer at Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smart View Post
    but he showed his id? And was of age. But was denied because his of age wife didn't have her purse. And was subsequently told that if his teenage daughters were with him instead of his wife they would have sold it to him? What kind of sense does that make?
    none!

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
      Well, he labeled all Wal-Mart employees as cheap and dumb. Hence the question, but maybe I should have just sent you both an application.

I agree, he unwisely painted with a broad brush.

I was just messing with ya

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        In for response from Ultra!
        Ahhhh, I was more just ribbin him about the comment than anything. I’m not offended....just triggered!!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          We were at the self checkout lane with the Family. I was inserting the card to start payment, the Better Half was bagging and the kids were scanning. Son picked up the 12 pk of Shiner, scanned it and the attendant came over like they have to for alcohol. Said we couldnt buy it now. I asked why, and she said because your Son scanned it.

I explained it was for me and I was paying for it, as she could see. She said she was sorry and had to void the purchase. I left the cart there and left.

I understood it, but geez I thought that was pretty stupid.
          There is a camera right overhead that is tightly focused on the scanner and bagging area. all it would show was your son scanning the beer. TABC will check those from time to time and the store might get in the dog house when the footage shows a minor scanning beer. On the 7:00 am can't buy beer deal. It was many years ago before all of the camera's for security were in stores. Me and my uncle tried to buy beer at 6:30am cashier said we couldn't buy it till 7:00 not wanting to wait we put the money on the counter plus 10.00 extra and said ring it up after 7. She smiled and we went on our way.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

I agree, he unwisely painted with a broad brush.

I was just messing with ya
            I know you weren’t!!!

Comment

Ahhhh, I was more just ribbin him about the comment than anything. I’m not offended....just triggered!!
              No insult intended. Just relaying my experiences there of late.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                She's your mother. Why are you having to asking a total stranger? Did you work at Walmart too?

Best post ever.

Comment

This may not have any bearing but I was always under the impression that once you are married (say I'm 21 and the wife is 20) you can accept responsibility for your wife the same way as your kids, i.e. they can drink in your presence. Is that not correct or does it not matter in this case?

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                    There is a camera right overhead that is tightly focused on the scanner and bagging area. all it would show was your son scanning the beer. TABC will check those from time to time and the store might get in the dog house when the footage shows a minor scanning beer. On the 7:00 am can't buy beer deal. It was many years ago before all of the camera's for security were in stores. Me and my uncle tried to buy beer at 6:30am cashier said we couldn't buy it till 7:00 not wanting to wait we put the money on the counter plus 10.00 extra and said ring it up after 7. She smiled and we went on our way.
                    I'm aware of the laws and policies and cameras. I would have been shown paying for the items as well. I used to handle General Liability insurance claims from Wal Mart. That's why I didnt raise a fuss or anything. I simply left.

I'm not blaming Wal Mart at all. I blame the idiots before me that made this ridiculousness go this far.

Comment

Went to two Wal-Marts yesterday to get ammo. One made me wait as they walked up the ammo for me and handed it to the cashier. The other just asked how many I wanted and handed them to me. Big business is like big government. One hand usually doesn’t even know what the other is doing.

Comment

So I wonder how long before you could return and buy the beer alone.....some super secret time frame or never again......give some idiot a little responsibility and suddendly they are Elliott Ness......

Comment

And as far as blue laws, they should all be done away with as separation of church and state. There is zero reason I can by beer at 12:00 on Sunday but not 11:59 (or 6 in the morning for that matter).

Comment

Used to run tugboats and we’d crew change around 4-5 am and can remember many mornings waiting at a cash register for 7am to buy beer, heck before that I was doin shift work in Texas City and there were a few bars that had a 7am happy hours that had some pretty good crowds, I kinda miss New Orleans where you can drink all night, it always seemed dumb to me to throw all the drunks out on the roads at the same time at 2am, just sayin

Comment

It’s the laws directed by the TABC....Wal-Mart doesn’t make the rules. I’ve also had the same thing happen to me, with my wife, at Spec’s liquor.
                              There isn’t a law regarding who can or can’t accompany an adult over 21 purchasing beer. I am very familiar with all the stupid TABC laws and there isn’t one for this situation. Walmart and many other companies just make their own rules and don’t allow employees to use common sense (which I understand given the average Walmart employee I deal with).

Comment

Texas has some dumb-A*S liquor laws and Walmart has some dumb-A*S policies on several things.

Comment

Working...
                                X