MesquiteCountry's Recipe thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
    Grilled beef or whitetail tenderloin with oaxaca (mexican melting white) cheese and portabella mushroom

Cut up one portabella mushroom into chunks

saute in olive oil with a dash of black pepper, salt, and a little parsley.

Cook 4 loins on high heat till medium rare

place mushrooms on top.

Then shred cheese on top and place under the broiler for about 2 minutes until golden brown

Serve with a caipirina drink and eat!

Just made it here at the house and it was awesome!
    This one is almost ready. Added some jalepano to the mushrooms and will serve with steamed asparagus and salad. I also cooked both wild pork tenderloin and deer tenderloin. Will try and take a few pics.

Comment

Dang...now I'm hungry

Comment

Originally Posted by mesquitecountry
        Grilled beef or whitetail tenderloin with oaxaca (mexican melting white) cheese and portabella mushroom

Cut up one portabella mushroom into chunks

saute in olive oil with a dash of black pepper, salt, and a little parsley.

Cook 4 loins on high heat till medium rare

place mushrooms on top.

Then shred cheese on top and place under the broiler for about 2 minutes until golden brown

Serve with a caipirina drink and eat!

Just made it here at the house and it was awesome!

Had this last night...AWESOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
          Bsills,

Yes, it's pretty simple. Soak one bag of beans over night in water after pulling out floaters and any pebbles beforehand of course.

Drop them in with 32 oz of chicken stock, and 1/2-3/4 gallon of water, you want to fill to 3 inches above beans. I do not salt them to start. I add in about 1/2 pound of pork belly, about 3 cloves of fresh garlic, and a 1 medium onion diced up. Bring to a boil for a good while. At least an hour covered. Once they've been rolling for a while reduce to a light boil add in 2 tablespoons of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 bay leaf, 1 teaspoon of oregano, and i'll throw in 1 whole bell pepper and 1 jalapeno both diced up. Cook until soft. Once soft I throw in a good handfull of cilantro and 2 diced up tomatoes. Check to add salt to taste at the end always in beans. Never salt beans first.

Thanks Travis

Comment

Hope this thing is still open lol. I'm thinkin bout makin a cheesecake this weekend. I have a good recipe I wanna use, but I want to make it chocolate. Should I add in cocoa, melt some chocolate chips, or any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jacobneskora View Post
              Hope this thing is still open lol. I'm thinkin bout makin a cheesecake this weekend. I have a good recipe I wanna use, but I want to make it chocolate. Should I add in cocoa, melt some chocolate chips, or any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk
              Swirl it by adding chocolate chips, use at a minimum semi sweet. I prefer a 60% cacao bitter sweet.

Comment

You should make a cookbook and sell it, Heck Id buy it

Comment

Thanks man

Comment

Whatcha got for Pork Chops? I have some that are in the refrigerator and need to cook before they go bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                      Whatcha got for Pork Chops? I have some that are in the refrigerator and need to cook before they go bad.
                      First thing that popped in my head.

Season with salt and pepper. Grill till medium rare then brush this on.

Soy Sauce 1/3 cup
                      Pineapple Juice 1/4 cup
                      Balsamic Vinegar 2 Tablespoons
                      1/4 cup Brown Sugar

Heat all that in a sauce pot until it reaches a boil.

Remove, brush on pork chop, actually dip them in it and dear hard and fast until medium. Pull off and let rest for 5 minutes serve with a starch and grilled or sauteed green beans or asparagus.

Comment

Do you have one,for Garlic Cole Slaw ?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Eagle2 View Post
                          Do you have one,for Garlic Cole Slaw ?
                          I've never heard of such an animal. Let me do some research.

Comment

Years ago their was a Seafood restaurant in Dallas,Called the Windjammer and they had the best Garlic cole slaw that I have ever had.I wish that I had that receipe.

Comment

MC, you have any recipes for ceviche?

Comment

keep 'em coming T-Berg.... you da man brother

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                                MC, you have any recipes for ceviche?

WH, here's my recipe for Cajun Ceviche using shrimp

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...hlight=ceviche

Comment

Working...
                                X