MesquiteCountry's Recipe thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted:Sausage Recipe

I'm bleeding some venison right now and I have a hog leg in the freezer. You think you could throw a good sausage recipe my way. I've never done anything but bbq and I'm wanting to expand my talents. Thanks.

Comment

TTT

This thread is too good to fall too far. I vaguely remembered a Big Red Ice Cream recipe Travis posted and had to search deep for it.

Travis, you had this funny A thing in the recipe...was it 1 1/2 cans sweetened condensed milk to 2 liters Big Red?

Comment

i was wondering what the A is in most of the recipes stood for

Comment

how bout the chorizo breakfast skillet tacos!!!!

Comment

CC,

Yes it's 1 1/2 cans to 2 liters.

The A's are some weird formatting problem when everything crashed a couple years back.

Droptine1,

The recipe can be found in the tbh cookbook. I'm going to leave it on their for a while. Get out and get you 1 or 4! I'll post it later, after everyone has their cookbooks. Give it a couple months.

Comment

just found this thread. man there are some good recipes on here. i can't wait to try some of them.

Comment

Figured it's time for me to add some recipes. I'll start adding them in over time.

Here's an excellent sandwich! Love the heck out of it and it is extremely nutritious.

Baby Bella Sandwiches

3 Cups Baby Bella or Crimini Mushrooms Cleaned and Sliced
                1/2 Onion sliced thinly
                4 Garlic Cloves Minced
                Olive Oil
                Monterrey Jack Cheese Shredded
                1/2 teaspoon Oregano
                Salt, Pepper to taste
                4 Big slices of Sourdough or Homemade bread
                Whole Grain or Dijon Mustard
                Sprouts (Optional)

This is quick and furious but it is not I hard I assure you.

Start by heating a large skillet on high with about 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil. Just eyeball it. Get another pan ready for toasting the bread. Sprinkle olive oil on both sides of your bread to give it a decent coating. Toss in onions in first pan, let cook for about a minute.

Next up toss bread and brown only one side of each piece. Remove when browned. Set aside. Now toss in sliced mushrooms and garlic. Let simmer for another minute and add seasonings. Place a dab of water in the pan to let the mushrooms soak up the drippings off the pan and mushrooms. Return to burner on medium low until mushrooms are dark and tender and onions are transluscent.

Now get the bread back in your hands. Slather the BROWNED side with the Mustard. Place both pieces that is not browned down in the pan. Put a decent serving of cheese, then a good coating of the mushroom mix, then another decent dab of cheese. Let cook until both sides of the bread are cooked. Remove from the pan, if needed add sprouts, repeat process with the second sandwich and serve! It is awesome!

Comment

Thank you for sharing , I will try some of these. Three pepper ketchup,Fat man potatoes are first on my list.

Comment

good stuff keepem coming!

Comment

I'll post a new recipe Sunday night!

Comment

Thanks so much for these recipes!!

Comment

MC's Buffalo Blue Cheese Burger's
                          Make's roughly 4 patties. Go big or go home.

1 pound of 80% Lean Ground Beef
                          1 Pound of 90% Lean Ground Beef
                          3/4 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese- I prefer Roquefort
                          3/4 Cup Monterrey Jack Diced in 1/4" cubes
                          HEB Wing Sauce or Frank's Wing Sauce
                          Salt, Pepper
                          Ranch Dressing, I make it just like the mix pack says, I added cilantro to it last time. Do yourself a favor and make it fresh, bottled wont be nearly as good.
                          4 Buns of your choosing.

First up, take the meat and lightly mix it together. Also, preheat your grill to about 350 degrees or Medium High. Mix the cheeses together.

Next, separate the meat into four equal pieces. Form them into a ball in your hand. Next, with your thumb slowly form a bowl out of the ball. Fill the whole with the cheese mixture. Now, form the patty back around the cheese mixture and flatten it out to make the patty about 3/4-1" thick. Be sure to have all of the cheese thoroughly covered with no gaping holes for the cheese to leak out. Season patties with salt and pepper. Dont over season, the wing sauce has plenty of salt.

Empty sauce into a pot and warm on the stove or burner on low.

Place patties on the grill and be sure to follow this step to a T. Leave the patty until it is completely cooked on one side before flipping. If you flip it before it is finished cooking on that side it will break when you flip it. Very important.

Once you have cooked it on both sides and the patty is browned on both sides and is stiff it is done, take it off the grill and dunk it in the buffalo sauce. Once completed put it on a TOASTED bun and add the ranch dip on top of it and add condiments of your choice! This will be messy but it will be oh so good! ENJOY!

Comment

Do you have a recipe for Charro Beans?

Comment

Bsills,

Yes, it's pretty simple. Soak one bag of beans over night in water after pulling out floaters and any pebbles beforehand of course.

Drop them in with 32 oz of chicken stock, and 1/2-3/4 gallon of water, you want to fill to 3 inches above beans. I do not salt them to start. I add in about 1/2 pound of pork belly, about 3 cloves of fresh garlic, and a 1 medium onion diced up. Bring to a boil for a good while. At least an hour covered. Once they've been rolling for a while reduce to a light boil add in 2 tablespoons of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1 bay leaf, 1 teaspoon of oregano, and i'll throw in 1 whole bell pepper and 1 jalapeno both diced up. Cook until soft. Once soft I throw in a good handfull of cilantro and 2 diced up tomatoes. Check to add salt to taste at the end always in beans. Never salt beans first.

Comment

Working...
                              X