No announcement yet.

Olympic archery shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the mens group prelims right now, does everybody shoot Hoyt?!

Comment

Looks like Japan knocked out the USA in the quarterfinals for the team event last night https://results.nbcolympics.com/arch...finals/2153307
      Poor showing for USA archery so far compared to Rio.

Comment

It sucks the games got delayed a year, Ellison had a career year an was on top of his game coming into last year, hope he can pull it together and still get the Gold in the individual event.
        Last edited by bossbowman; 07-26-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Are compound bows an event this olympics?

Comment

That guy from Korea is nuts with all the screaming, shooting discipline events competitors are usually super chill, the air rifle people look like they are about to go to sleep, I think the idea is to keep your heart rate down. I just wish someone would knock off South Korea, getting sick of them winning every olympics. And no they don't have a compound division yet, archery was added in 1988.

Comment

good to know

Comment

Whew! Glad it's not what I thought.

From the title, I thought someone started randomly shooting folks with a bow at the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudshack View Post
                  Are compound bows an event this olympics?
                  Nope. First they say it isn't different enough from recurve bows. Then they say it isn't traditional archery enough. Then they say some countries can't afford the compound bows - let me tell you, recurve bows for that level are more expensive than compound bows!! I don't know why it isn't allowed in the Olympics but it has something to do with World Cup Archery organization.

Comment

Alex Trebek: “Peas and carrots, chicken fried steak and mashed taters, South Korea and Olympic archery gold.”

Answer: What are two things that will always go together?

Get used to the over the top shouting South Korea Olympic archer, Kim Je-deok is a 17-year-old. He will be putting arrows into the Olympic 10 ring while many of us will be putting our teeth in.

Glad they are showing some archery, and I really don’t care who wins, I just dig watching those arrows fly.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                      Watching the mens group prelims right now, does everybody shoot Hoyt?!
                      Yep. It has to do with Hoyt being around longer than most others. In Europe and Asia, archery is as popular as American football is here. It's televised live in Europe for all events. It's a tough market for all brands to get into. Other popular brands are Win-Win and Uukha.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                        Other popular brands are Win-Win and Uukha.
                        Interesting, why are they not in the compound bow market, and what is the compound bow/crossbow industry size compared to the competition recurve industry? Its weird when you go to a fishing industry show you realize how much a drop it the bucket freshwater bass fishing is to the entire saltwater industry.

Comment

That clicker thing would make me shoot every where.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                            Yep. It has to do with Hoyt being around longer than most others. In Europe and Asia, archery is as popular as American football is here. It's televised live in Europe for all events. It's a tough market for all brands to get into. Other popular brands are Win-Win and Uukha.
                            You may be old enough to remember Darryl Pace winning with a Wing bow.

Comment

What would mess me up is other players talking and the coach talking to me while aiming, I find that odd, not to mention the shot clock. That USA coach like to jibber jabber. They are about to start the first round on individual eliminations on nbcolympics.com

Comment

Tried to find the results this morning, best I can tell they delayed the matches because of the typhoon

Comment

Working...
                                X