No announcement yet.

Fish ID be gentle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbor turned me on to that lure and it’s just uncanny how well it works our parts of the river. We will both try 3 or 4 other lures and catch a fish here and there but that quarter ounce panther produces consistently. Other than channel cat I have not landed anything I think would be legal to keep but it’s still lots of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rockhead gaspergou, type of bass

Comment

What river, that bass looks like a Guadalupe to me. It is some sub species of large mouth. Could be a spotted bass or could be Guadalupe bass. A true large mouth will have a dark line down it's side, most of the fish will be a green color.

I have caught a bunch of what I have been told are all Guadalupe bass, the ones I have caught can be golden color like what you have there, to brownish, I have even caught some that were kind of checker board pattern with gold and brown. I was sure that was a spotted bass, but was told by a game warden that it was a Guadalupe. I also caught quite a few that had were more greenish colored but had a pattern like a Guadalupe and not the distinctive Large mouth pattern.

I still think there is a good chance some of what I have caught are spotted bass, but I was told they were all Guadalupe.

Comment

Gassper, and spotty

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Neighbor turned me on to that lure and it’s just uncanny how well it works our parts of the river. We will both try 3 or 4 other lures and catch a fish here and there but that quarter ounce panther produces consistently. Other than channel cat I have not landed anything I think would be legal to keep but it’s still lots of fun.

Spotted bass don’t have a minimum legal length. The majority of the ones you catch, at least around here, are small. A two pounder would be a big one although they do get bigger….just not real often.

Comment

Do the goo.

Comment

Gaspergou and freshwater drum are same thing.

Comment

Looks like a Guadalupe bass with those horizontal lines running so low on its sides. If I

Comment

Both great eating by the way

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post

Try a Gary Yamamoto Senko...

Comment

Caught another gaspergou tonight, 2 bass, 2 gar, 2 channel cats then a keeper striper that swallowed that littl lure. It was bleeding so I head to the bank to go clean it but one last flop and he slipped out of my hand. Too bag gonna die for sure.

Gar were thick tonight. Saw one alligator gar swim up pretty close to me. The two I caught had the different long skinny nose and tiny teeth. Still a good thrill when dealing with those standing in waste deep water[emoji51]

Comment

Gou and Guad.

Comment

Working...
                          X