What is the best flexible adhesive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best flexible adhesive?

I have 3 pairs of rubber boots, muck and lacrosse, that have soles coming apart. I am ordering some new ones tonight, but I want some to wear while I wait. I have used shoe goo once before and it didn't last but about 3 wears. What should I try?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Any Ford mechanic will tell you the same thing. Greatest universal adhesive since 1994, Power Stroke silicone. That stuff has been used to build and or glue most anything together.

Pretty sure you can buy the same stuff at Home Depot and Lowes. I have found a heavy duty adhesive they sell in calking tubes, that looks, feels and smells just like Power Stroke silicone. I don't remember which one it is. I bought some a while back, it worked just like Power Stroke silicone.

It has some name other than Power Stroke silicone, but that's what everyone calls it. It comes in a small calking tube, the tube is red and white, the silicone is gray and thicker than your typical silicone. Some auto parts sell it, such as Full Service or Ford dealers. You might look online and see if anyone else has figured out what I have about the stuff sold at Home Depot, I would bet some other Ford mechanic has figured it out also. They probably list which one it is.

Comment

I used caulk the other day because that's all I had...Probably not the best.
      I'm done with Lacrosse. 2 pairs within the year and both coming apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
        I have 3 pairs of rubber boots, muck and lacrosse, that have soles coming apart. I am ordering some new ones tonight, but I want some to wear while I wait. I have used shoe goo once before and it didn't last but about 3 wears. What should I try?

I have some you can borrow [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

3M 5200

It will make a permanent, flexible bond.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            I have some you can borrow [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
            At your age it's just powder.

Comment

Seal All. It's the original and still the best. You can get it at HD.

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                3M 5200

It will make a permanent, flexible bond.
                If this is the stuff, they use on Sailboats.
                you've found your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post

E60000, you can pick it up at Lowes or home depot in the paint department. This is some bad azz stuff for shoe repairs!!!!

Comment

I like aquaseal.

Comment

I have had 2 pair of Muck shoes that the soles have come off.
                      Most comfortable waterproof shoe out there, but doesn't last me a year.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                        E60000, you can pick it up at Lowes or home depot in the paint department. This is some bad azz stuff for shoe repairs!!!!
                        I've had success with E6000 and 3m 4200 gluing soles back on, I think they are about the same strength. 3m 5200 is the strongest adhesive I know of, I used it on some Justin snake boots that both soles came off of several years ago. These boots get very wet often and there are no signs of the 5200 letting go.

Comment

electrical tape.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                            I 2nd this, it's awesome for these kinds of repairs, the best I've found anyway.
                            Just repaired a flexible water hose with it this weekend and it held up to the pressure.
                            The 5200 mentioned I've never used, but if he says it's stronger I'm definitely gonna pick some up and give it a try on a couple different things.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                              I've had success with E6000 and 3m 4200 gluing soles back on, I think they are about the same strength. 3m 5200 is the strongest adhesive I know of, I used it on some Justin snake boots that both soles came off of several years ago. These boots get very wet often and there are no signs of the 5200 letting go.
                              The only way to get 5200 off is a chisel! That’s what they use on thru hull fittings on pretty much all boats.

Comment

Working...
                              X