No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the guys that are in the Houston area - is there a liquor store on the northwest side of town (tomball area) that you frequent that has Weller/Eagle Rare/Blantons with any sort of regularity? I went to two specs and the total wine on 1960 and 249 and struck out.

Ended up walking out with bottles of Glen Levitt 12 first fill and the Glenmorangie 10 year instead -- will continue to search though, just wanting to know if there were any little hidden gems that I might not have found yet

Comment

Originally posted by JTRichardson View Post
      For the guys that are in the Houston area - is there a liquor store on the northwest side of town (tomball area) that you frequent that has Weller/Eagle Rare/Blantons with any sort of regularity? I went to two specs and the total wine on 1960 and 249 and struck out.

Ended up walking out with bottles of Glen Levitt 12 first fill and the Glenmorangie 10 year instead -- will continue to search though, just wanting to know if there were any little hidden gems that I might not have found yet
      Im in that area but dont see a regular spot.. just pop into a few different stores and talk to them.. ask if they have anything interesting that might not have made it to the shelf and sometimes you'll score something kept in the back

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked this one up today..can't wait to give it a go!

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
          Picked this one up today..can't wait to give it a go.

Let us know what you think of it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t pass these up when they’re on the shelf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Man.. good find.. I've been searching and asking for that one

Comment

Found some Weller Reserve today at the total wine in the woodlands

they still had a few left if anyone is interested

Also grabbed a bottle of Willet from a little store off 99

Determined now to find some Blantons!

Comment

This Weller reserve is some good stuff!

Way smoother than the angels envy or the four roses that I have.

I’m sure I’ll sample the Willet sometime this weekend and report back

Comment

This Weller reserve is some good stuff!

Way smoother than the angels envy or the four roses that I have.

I’m sure I’ll sample the Willet sometime this weekend and report back
                    Did you try the store I told you about? Usually loaded with eagle rare

Comment

Not yet I haven’t. Might swing over there here in a few. I was out in the woodlands today for work and swung by the total wine

You like the eagle rare more than the weller?

Comment

Not yet I haven’t. Might swing over there here in a few. I was out in the woodlands today for work and swung by the total wine

You like the eagle rare more than the weller?
                        Eagle rare is a little more complex in profile. Both are really smooth. I generally have Weller SR as my mixer because of how smooth it is and really easy to find

Comment

Just left there - they were out of the eagle rare but loaded to the gills with weller special reserve and willet

Picked up another bottle of weller to squirrel away for hard times

Comment

Just left there - they were out of the eagle rare but loaded to the gills with weller special reserve and willet

Picked up another bottle of weller to squirrel away for hard times
                            Oh dang. I’ve never been in and not found eagle rare guess the secret is out. Was the Willett a 4yr or 3yr? They had plenty of 4yr couple weeks back

Comment

Not really a Bourbon, but has anyone tried Celtic Honey?
                              Mostly what I consider an after diner or late night drink.

Comment

I've never seen one in the wild.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X