• Show
Clear All

Next man up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
      Next man up!

Really enjoying the RHF I have open now. Pretty tough decision to make between these

Comment

I thought the RHF was decent.... for $65. I payed $82, it ain’t that good. They called me a while back with another..... $150, I passed. Never seen one before or since

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          I thought the RHF was decent.... for $65. I payed $82, it ain’t that good. They called me a while back with another..... $150, I passed. Never seen one before or since
          All single barrels are that way. Some great, some meh, some suck

Comment

In an effort to find an affordable daily drinker, I bought this bottle today. It cost $40 and it’s actually a pretty good bottle. It doesn’t compare to some of the $100+ bottles, but it’ll do for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Too True

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              All single barrels are that way. Some great, some meh, some suck
              Yep, not often thankfully, but it do happen.
              I have 1/2 of Blantons that is getting better with age. Had one I gave away.
              But for the most part I've done fine with the single barrels, except for Henry McKenna, never had one of those I liked. Rank it slightly above Copper's Craft.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFoot View Post
                In an effort to find an affordable daily drinker, I bought this bottle today. It cost $40 and it’s actually a pretty good bottle. It doesn’t compare to some of the $100+ bottles, but it’ll do for the price.

Didn’t know they made bourbon in Scotland

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post

I figured we could run off the Whiskey part of this title

Comment

My buddy gave me a small barrel to age some bourbon in. What should I throw in there first and for how long?

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post

Funny

I’m under the impression the only place where they truly sell bourbon, Scotch or rye whiskey [emoji1634] is America.

We have standards on mixture to be labeled. Whereas Canada for instance doesn’t. So Crown Royal, does it taste rye to you or bourbon or scotch ? Bottle says “whiskey”. What’s it made from majority wise ? Nobody knows but Crown. It tastes like bourbon [emoji1634] to me more than rye or malt. But Canada [emoji1063] doesn’t have USA standards of purity in their hooch like we do.

In the USA [emoji631]?
                      Whiskey Rye must be 51% rye mash
                      Bourbon 51% corn mash
                      Scotch 51% malt mash.

I do not know what a 33.333% mash would be called ? Or a 40/40/20 ?

Just my understanding how America labels our hooch. We know what we are drinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        My buddy gave me a small barrel to age some bourbon in. What should I throw in there first and for how long?
                        Weller Special Reserve. Make sure to rinse that thing out per instructions.

Comment

The whiskey gods have been smiling down on me the last week. Last weekend we had a staycation and one of the bars we happened upon had George Stagg for $16 a pour. They also had Handy (I think it was the same price).

Then today as I was staring into the expensive whiskey case a worker opened it up and started stocking it with Antique 107. It was $47 so I grabbed one!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                            The whiskey gods have been smiling down on me the last week. Last weekend we had a staycation and one of the bars we happened upon had George Stagg for $16 a pour. They also had Handy (I think it was the same price).

Then today as I was staring into the expensive whiskey case a worker opened it up and started stocking it with Antique 107. It was $47 so I grabbed one!
                            Great price for pours of GTS and Handy!

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                              one of the bars we happened upon had George Stagg for $16 a pour. They also had Handy (I think it was the same price).
                              Donde?

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

[quote=mikerosa;14179261]Funny

I’m under the impression the only place where they truly sell bourbon, Scotch or rye whiskey [emoji1634] is America.

We have standards on mixture to be labeled. Whereas Canada for instance doesn’t. So Crown Royal, does it taste rye to you or bourbon or scotch ? Bottle says “whiskey”. What’s it made from majority wise ? Nobody knows but Crown. It tastes like bourbon [emoji1634] to me more than rye or malt. But Canada [emoji1063] doesn’t have USA standards of purity in their hooch like we do.

In the USA [emoji631]?
                                Whiskey Rye must be 51% rye mash
                                Bourbon 51% corn mash
                                Scotch 51% malt mash.

I do not know what a 33.333% mash would be called ? Or a 40/40/20 ?

Just my understanding how America labels our hooch. We know what we are drinking.

Sent

Comment

Working...
                                X