Any Mazda mechanics on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Mazda mechanics on here?

Need help trouble shooting an issue on a 2016 Mazda 3 before I go get reamed at the dealer.

ECT sensor code came up. Changed it. Code won’t clear. I changed it myself. Unhooked the battery before I did it. Was told the code would clear after a few days. Did not. Mazda place used their scanner to clear it. Came right back on. Car is running fine. Want to make sure there’s no underlying issue. It’s my commuter car.

Do you know what the code was for specifically or have the code number? Ie; open circuit, shorted to low/ high voltage, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairieboy View Post
      Do you know what the code was for specifically or have the code number? Ie; open circuit, shorted to low/ high voltage, etc.
      High voltage. I forget the number.

Comment

I believe those cars have 2 ECT sensors. 1 mounted on the lower portion of the radiator. Which one did you replace?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
          I believe those cars have 2 ECT sensors. 1 mounted on the lower portion of the radiator. Which one did you replace?
          The one on the engine itself. Driver side. By the air intake on the head. I can’t find much info. I’ll hunt for the other one.

Comment

I believe Big Lee is correct in there being 2 ect sensors. One for the gauge/temp light and one for the fans so definitelycheck for a secondtemp sensor. Also the manufacturers are notorious for grouping sensors together on the same 5 volt reference and/or ground circuits so it could a bad ground connection, damaged wire or another sensor/connection that is actually causing the issue and the ect sensor is the next sensor in the circuit so it's the one that pops the code.

Comment

T8 did you get this fixed?

Comment

I finally located the second one. I’ll fix it this weekend or Monday.

Comment

Comment

Check your gas cap.

Comment

Let us know what the outcome is.

Comment

Working...
                      X