Amazing enchiladas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing enchiladas

Batch going into the oven now. Made some with a flour corn tortilla and some with the flour corn wrapped in flour. Added roasted hatch green chili’s too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bmac; 03-28-2020, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Made this tonight and used some deer hamburger. All I can say is wow. I had to improvise a little but in the end it worked out good. I used the half corn half flour tortillas from HEB called mixlas and only used one per enchilada. I also put a half can of rotel in when I added the enchilada sauce to the meat and then the rest on top of the enchiladas. I didnt have mixed cheese but I had slices so I put a third of a slice in each enchilada and then covered them on top with the slices.
      Attached Files

Comment

One more thing that I forgot to mention. I put it in the oven for 8 minutes and then covered it with foil and put it in for another 12. I felt like the cheese was starting to crisp up too quick and I wanted to try to get the tortillas a little cooked and the cheese in the inside melted.

Comment

Amazing enchiladas

Originally posted by 150class View Post
          Doing another run today on these.

Finally found some verde sauce and some corn/flour tortillas for this round

Tossed in some rotel and cayenne pepper and much preferred this round.

Last edited by 150class; 03-28-2020, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Made this tonight!! It was a hit!!

Comment

Made these tonight and they were amazing. I used red sauce instead of green and used HEB's 1/2 corn 1/2 flour tortillas...came out great! I also paired it with a copy cat version of Abuelo's papas con chile and some mexican rice. Awesome meal.

Comment

Bumping this one back up! Easy and good stuff!!

Comment

I fry HEB white corn tortillas and use one-half sharp cheddar sticks and one-half pepper jack slices inside each after they cool off, and add meat before rolling. I use Hatch Tex-Mex sauce-1.5 cans-shake before pouring. Frying brings out the corn flavor. Put extra meat on top, pour on sauce, shake the glass pan so sauce fills in empty spaces, top with sharp grated cheddar, cook at 275 for an hour. Make some guacamole, pinto beans, and rice as sides.

Comment

Looks great

Comment

I do the same thing, & favorite way for us is to wait till after we do a brisket or pulled pork & use left overs to make the chilidas with....trust me, kicks it up a couple notches

Comment

Trying this soon!

Comment

I will have to try this out. It sounds delicious.

Comment

One of my go to meals when we are having people over. The ol lady invites people and tells me to cook so its enchiladas. I vary the sauce up each time but man they are good.

Mixlas are also what I use. Typically cook them and my inlaws come over so the less tortilla is better for them.

Comment

[ATTACH]1063094[/ATTACH]

Comment

Amazing enchiladas

Made a mess of these this evening with a mix of oryx and white tale ground

Last edited by 150class; 09-22-2021, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X