X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
    What unit were you in?
    Originally posted by zins708 View Post
    Congrats! I leave for CO on Wednesday. What state were you in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unit 37, NM

Comment

Congrats Jared.King!!!!!!!!!! Way to gitterdun!

Comment

Nice, things are heating up!

Comment

Congrats on the shot and the bull!

Comment

Big congrats!

Comment

The Elk Thread

Congratulations!!!

Well, it’s here and I’m pulling out.
              Hunt hard and shoot straight.
              Watch out for the **** bears.

Comment

Congrats!!! Great bull! Im heading north in the morning. Cant wait

Comment

Southern Colorado: A few locator bugles just prior to dark each night. Have gotten into exchanges with two bulls. They were responsive, but wouldn’t change their course. Slower than usual in my normal spots. Have been covered up in mule deer bucks (19 so far), but no tag. Only found 4 last year when I had the tag. Saw one really nice bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

TradAg02, are you running solo again this year? Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                      TradAg02, are you running solo again this year? Good luck!

No, with one buddy this week. Coming back for third week with two other guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well, this morning was both the most exhilarating hunt of my life and the most heartbreaking hunt. I located a stud bull and after cow calling and raking a cedar, he came straight in to me. I opted to get a little closer and in a drainage that would put me in the perfect position. As soon as I got there I could see antler tips coming in over the cedars. I quickly preranged two bushes in what I thought his path was, threw the rangefinder down and got ready to draw. Very shortly after I could see him quartering to and at the last cedar before being completely in the open. I drew and like a perfect script he turns broadside and continues walking. I know he’s a little farther than the 50 yard cedar I ranged, and with my bottom pin at 55 I whistled and he stopped in what was the most perfect broadside shot I could ever dream of. I held a little high and let it rip, only to watch my arrow fall slightly under. Turns out he was at 70 and completely fooled me. Only the second day in my life elk hunting and I nearly sealed the deal on a brute. I learned to be more diligent in my preranging and a little more patient. Still have plenty of time and a lot of fight left in this guy!

Comment

Keep the updates coming guys! I'm getting pumped, I head out in 6 days

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                            Well, this morning was both the most exhilarating hunt of my life and the most heartbreaking hunt. I located a stud bull and after cow calling and raking a cedar, he came straight in to me. I opted to get a little closer and in a drainage that would put me in the perfect position. As soon as I got there I could see antler tips coming in over the cedars. I quickly preranged two bushes in what I thought his path was, threw the rangefinder down and got ready to draw. Very shortly after I could see him quartering to and at the last cedar before being completely in the open. I drew and like a perfect script he turns broadside and continues walking. I know he’s a little farther than the 50 yard cedar I ranged, and with my bottom pin at 55 I whistled and he stopped in what was the most perfect broadside shot I could ever dream of. I held a little high and let it rip, only to watch my arrow fall slightly under. Turns out he was at 70 and completely fooled me. Only the second day in my life elk hunting and I nearly sealed the deal on a brute. I learned to be more diligent in my preranging and a little more patient. Still have plenty of time and a lot of fight left in this guy!

Sounds like great fun…stay after it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                              Congratulations!!!

Well, it’s here and I’m pulling out.
                              Hunt hard and shoot straight.
                              Watch out for the **** bears.

Heck yeah! Keep the pics coming!

Comment

In for the updates. I'm heading up to Utah in two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X